Amphetamine & Narcotic Kush

Man'O'Green

My next grow will be Cream of the Crop Amphetamine and Narcotic Kush.

I am in the process of upgrading my DWC system to lower the profile and increase the reservoir capacity compared to the 5 gal. bucket I was using; it actually only held about 2 gallons when filled to the bottom of the net pot. The new reservoir holds 5 gallons. I am also building a DIY LED COB.

Ok so this 5” net pot has a raised post in the center for the starter cube to rest on.
DSC0017917.JPG

When I start my seed the net pot will sit down into the reservoir to the bottom of the cube shelf and the bubble action will keep the cube moist.
DSC0018118.JPG

Then after the roots are well into the reservoir I will lift the net pot with the sleeve in order to keep the bottom of the net pot just above the water line.

DSC0018414.JPG

This new reservoir gives me 5 more inches of grow height in my tent compared to the 5 gallon bucket I was using.
DSC0018721.JPG

I will be adding a float valve and remote reservoir to keep the water level consistent between nutrient changes.

Ps. add 3" for the width of the tape measure housing.

re: Cream Of The Crop Amphetamine & Narcotic Kush

Good show bro. Just getting into DWC. Maybe I learn something

YA MON

Uro:
I just completed my first grow since the mid 70s; I have a deteriorating disc in my back and have been prescribed cannabis to help with the pain management. So I was able to start a grow under medical laws. Now it is legal to grow here in California up to six plants woohoo! I grew Moby Dick CBD in a 3x3x5 foot tent DWC - NOOB mistake tent way too short for Sativa genetics but it worked out well. 622g bud 314g larf/Sugar leaf so ~175g 75g dry. Two cheap chinese LEDs for 192w at the wall = .91g per watt

DSC0017315.JPG
DSC0017819.JPG
DSC0012118.JPG

re: Cream Of The Crop Amphetamine & Narcotic Kush

Subbed in! The bud looks amazing! Those five more inches is going to help I got a 5 foot tent and I'm a little worried but im training my little buggers! May your garden stay green and beautiful bro!

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: Amphetamine & Narcotic Kush

Subbed in! The bud looks amazing! Those five more inches is going to help I got a 5 foot tent and I'm a little worried but im training my little buggers! May your garden stay green and beautiful bro!

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Scrappy - Welcome!

I had to start super cropping MD at six weeks into flower; I only snapped 1 cola but it was nerve wrecking each time. Some of the buds got a little funny looking but the weight is there so I guess all is well that ends well. After this COTC grow I will be upgrading my grow area. Maybe something more permanent than a tent; I can only find one manufacturer that has tents over 7 feet tall and they are too expensive for what you get IMHO. I want to go as high as I can after my experience with MD. You know my first clue should have been MOBY DICK - LOL.

Im in. Sitting on a freebie amphetamine and have been thinking about throwing it in my bucket after this grow. Its down to that or a fast buds lsd auto. Maybe this will help me decide.
Great set up man! Love that tote and really digging those net pots. Im on my 3rd dwc grow and looking to increase rez size. I use shorter net pots so even when the rootmass is huge i can still squeeze about 3 1/2- 4 gallons in there but when shes drinking a gallon to a gallon and a half it gets a bit dry in there, quick.
Good growing brother.

Im in. Sitting on a freebie amphetamine and have been thinking about throwing it in my bucket after this grow. Its down to that or a fast buds lsd auto. Maybe this will help me decide.
Great set up man! Love that tote and really digging those net pots. Im on my 3rd dwc grow and looking to increase rez size. I use shorter net pots so even when the rootmass is huge i can still squeeze about 3 1/2- 4 gallons in there but when shes drinking a gallon to a gallon and a half it gets a bit dry in there, quick.
Good growing brother.

Hi Lazarus13 - Welcome.

The root mass on that 20 week MD grow was huge; it did not leave much room in the res. Consequently I had problems maintaining PH as she would drink a gallon every 12 hours! I am hopping this new res will work better then when I upgrade my grow area height I can accomodate some larger reservoirs?

DSC0018612.JPG

Re: Amphetamine & Narcotic Kush

I like your spacer idea!
We also switched to a lower profile tote for our second grow. In order to keep the ph more stable and get more head room.

We love the totes instead the buckets. I would suggest maybe put a divider in the tote if you're gonna go the whole grow in there. Just in case you have any issues and have to pull one plant.
We tried a big tote with 2 pots in it like your setup. But we used regular seeds and one turned out to be a male.
It was a pain to get the 2 plants roots separated from each other when we had to pull the male out.
Just my useless 2 cents. Lol

We're going to build our own DIY cob led also. What cobs and driver are you gonna use?

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I like your spacer idea!
We also switched to a lower profile tote for our second grow. In order to keep the ph more stable and get more head room.

We love the totes instead the buckets. I would suggest maybe put a divider in the tote if you're gonna go the whole grow in there. Just in case you have any issues and have to pull one plant.
We tried a big tote with 2 pots in it like your setup. But we used regular seeds and one turned out to be a male.
It was a pain to get the 2 plants roots separated from each other when we had to pull the male out.
Just my unless 2 cents.

We're going to build our own DIY cob led also. What cobs and driver are you gonna use?

Hi Twin - Welcome:

When I cut my hatch for the pump and PH/EC access it will be in the middle and will allow me use a pair of scissors if needed. I am using feminised seed but cohabitation always adds additional risks.

Here is what I am building:

MEAN WELL HLG-185H-C1400B 1400mA $54.00 x 2

Mouser

ARCTIC Alpine 64 GT Rev. 2 x 8

Amazon

Citizen CLU048-1212C4-353H6K2 x 8

Here are the calculations for 1400 ma:

FullPower.jpg

This is the heart of the light. I also added 4 semiLeds 730 nm to manipulate the Phytochrome effect. I will be posting some pictures here later.

That's really cool, it's close to what we're doin.
We're using 8 of the clu048-1212 in 80CRI. I think we'll run a couple 5700k on one driver and the rest of the 3500k on a separate driver. To control them separately.
I'm not sure what the Phytochrome effect is.

We're totally new to DIY COB lighting. And almost totally new to dwc and growing in general.
So will be watching this thread for sure!

That's really cool, it's close to what we're doin.
We're using 8 of the clu048-1212 in 80CRI. I think we'll run a couple 5700k on one driver and the rest of the 3500k on a separate driver. To control them separately.
I'm not sure what the Phytochrome effect is.

We're totally new to DIY COB lighting. And almost totally new to dwc and growing in general.
So will be watching this thread for sure!

Twin:

The Pr system is all about putting the plant to "sleep" in a shorter period of time. So for example with a photoperiod plant in flower you could run the light for 14/10, run the far red lights for 10 to 15 minutes after the end of the 14 hour lights on period the plants then go to sleep right away and they respond as if they got 12 hours of dark. This means you get the extra two hours of growth = bigger yield. This is all theory for me at this point as I have not used it yet. here is a link to some scientific information: Phytochrome System

I think that the CLU048-1212C4-353H6K2 have enough Blue in the spectrum and I would rather have the red for flower so all 8 cobs are the 3500 cri90s.

Well I have been busy for the last couple of weeks and have not had time to post but that does not mean there has not been progress on this grow.

I have finished the arduino programing to control the COB LEDs, COB Heatsink Fans, CO2 injector, Exhaust Fan and 730nm Far Red SemiLEDs. I will need to tweek it again when I can determine the heat load in the tent from the new DIY COBs. The CO2 cycle is determined by how long the exhaust fan can be off before reaching the threshold temperature of 90°F.

I have cleaned the grow tent, reconfigured the exhaust system to include a muffler to lower the decibels coming from the grow room. Tomorrow I will finish the new DWC reservoir; I need to cut the access port, install the float valve and the air stones. Then if time permits I will work on the electrical control panel driven by the Arduino.

I should have some more pictures to post soon.

Happy Growing.
Mañ'O'Green

Twin:
That is just a junction box on the COB frame. This is what the controller looks like right now:
DSC0021513.JPG

I am running the Arduino software connected to my PC right now to verify it does what I programed it to do. Not always the case!

Ps. I have a very patient wife - The dining room table has looked like that for 2 weeks now............. I did make some progress on it today.

Ok so I made some progress on the controller today but it all seemed up-hill. I went through 3 soldering irons today, a cheap one and two expensive ones.......... wow. Five trips to the hardware store. Then my back started hurting so I took some of my new chocolate Moby Dick CBD meds I made last night. :loopy: I'm just baked. I decided to halt work on the controller so I don't hurt myself or the controller and I need to cut my dosage in half next time.

DSC0022215.JPG

The dining room table looks a little better. I hope my wife notices the progress:high-five:

DSC0022313.JPG

Wow I just smoked my SSRs; this is going to cause a delay:cuss:
I cannot believe that the current flows from terminal 2 to 1 grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think I knew this from a previous project but I have slept since then. Anyhow even with a GFI that tripped they fried.

Logic dictates hot to 1 or I should have over medicated and I may have got it correct!

SSR25.jpg

Ohh well the replacements are on the way:hmmmm:

I have a question about this. I am no electronics expert but everything I know about relays from my experience tells me that you could not have fried the relay by putting power to 1 or 2.

If I understand this situation correctly, this is basically an electronic switch. Positive current applied to terminal 3 closes the switch between #1 and # 2 thereby completing the circuit.

So, in my opinion, the only thing you *should* have been able to do to "fry" them would be to apply AC voltage to the D.C. side of the relay.

Putting 380 volts AC or less into terminal 1 or 2 will not fry this device.

Now, full disclosure, I have never touched an SSR but I have wired relays in 12v automotive applications.

So am I completely out to lunch or am I correct?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom