Amsterdam Coffeeshops Ripoff

aphrodisia

How you all doing. Its been roughly six years since I last visited Amsterdam so when my neighbour who was going there asked me if I would like to come along I jumped at the chance. Its not that I need weed but whenever I visit Holland I like to check out the coffeeshop scene and get myself a little souvenir of my visit. Well the coffeeshop scene in Amsterdam has REALLY gone down since my last visit and I will not be going back there anytime soon. To say I was shocked at the prices would be an understatement. Check out the following menu to see what Im talking about

I am sorry to say but I dont care what strain of weed you have NO WEED IS WORTH PAYING €40 A GRAM FOR, this is pure naked GREED and something which is going to have a negative impact upon them in the long run. It is now incredibly hard to find anything in Amsterdam for under €15 a gram which is already expensive but 40 damn euros a gram ?, and 200 euros for a 5 gram bag ? I couldnt believe what I was seeing, and this was typical for quite a few of the coffeeshops there. What the hell has happened to Amsterdam ?

It's definitely unfortunate, and has happened rather quickly... I was dissapointed too last time I went there. I agree with what you're saying, that it'll have a negative impact for them in the long run. Soon they wont be the only country in Northern Europe where you can smoke, that I am sure of. And then those prices will not stand. I long for the day...

It's definitely unfortunate, and has happened rather quickly... I was dissapointed too last time I went there. I agree with what you're saying, that it'll have a negative impact for them in the long run. Soon they wont be the only country in Northern Europe where you can smoke, that I am sure of. And then those prices will not stand. I long for the day...

Seriously I have no idea how people can afford those prices, this must be entirely tourist driven as I simply cannot see your average dutch man shelling out his hard earned money on this.
For 40 euros I can get a 5 gram bag of good weed in other less touristy parts of Holland. I was just going in one coffeeshop after the other and walking straight back out on seeing their prices, incredible.

Some years ago there was a guy sort of within my circle of friends that was selling Super Lemon Haze or whatever the popular cup winner was at that time for $50 a gram. Due to the overarching lack of guilt I or may not have taken a chance to get intimate with his girlfriend that he had been using as a buffer to deal. Maybe that's underhanded, but now he's in jail for unrelated check fraud and she's a veterinarian, so in reality it was probably the best thing that could have happened. These things have a way of working themselves out, just wait for the competition.

Back
Top Bottom