Another CFL question

Karmatic

Im currently growing 2 feminized blackjack plants in a 60"x36"x24" Grow tent. I have 1-150W Hydrofarm grow light/reflector. Will one be enough for a fair yield? Im considering buying another large CFL system(same as above) but not sure if its necessary. I know with CFL's, the more the better always, but would it be cheaper to just make one using a powerstrip and splitters or buy another one? The one i have was around $80. :Namaste:

Re: Another CFL question.....

Thanks for replying mono. The temperature in my grow tent stays between 77f-80f with humidity around 35-40% consistantly. I dont have the option of having a fresh air intake so I am a bit concerned with the heat that an HPS bulb puts off. The nutes im planning on using are Fox Farm big bloom/tiger etc. The soil is Fox Farm Ocean soil. Im currently living in Colorado, USA and its become legal to grow for personal use so im necessarily trying to get the biggest yeild possible out of the strain, but enough to last until the next harvest ;)

in your opinion, with the method of cooling you described, do you think that I could get away with that without fresh air intake? Ive introduced CO2 into the room to compensate a bit. :Namaste:

ok thats good to know. ive been trying to keep my temp/hum in the sweet spot. The generator is a homemade yeast/sugar mixture. I dont know that its a significiant amount but i wont buy a tank. This is the only real solution I could think of since fresh air is not an option. Do you think a passive intake from a bottom vent using a fan would be enough?

ok thats good to know. ive been trying to keep my temp/hum in the sweet spot. The generator is a homemade yeast/sugar mixture. I dont know that its a significiant amount but i wont buy a tank. This is the only real solution I could think of since fresh air is not an option. Do you think a passive intake from a bottom vent using a fan would be enough?

Yes I think It would be enough. And I like the way you have made your own co2 generator!

I am currently running a 600 watt hps and don't have an exhaust fan hooked up atm. I keep it cool with two small fans blowing in a bottom vent and a smaller one blowing across the bulb itself

My 2 blackjack plants are nearly 2 weeks old now and their growing strong! Ive found a 250w HPS for around $100.(Amazon: Sun System® HPS 150 Grow Light Fixture) This light says that its perfect for 2-3 plants in a tent. it puts out 16,000 Lumens. Im still a bit concerned with the temp raising with an HPS though. Fans blowing inside would just move the hot air around, as opposed to cooling the tent right?

My 2 blackjack plants are nearly 2 weeks old now and their growing strong! Ive found a 250w HPS for around $100.(Amazon: Sun System® HPS 150 Grow Light Fixture) This light says that its perfect for 2-3 plants in a tent. it puts out 16,000 Lumens. Im still a bit concerned with the temp raising with an HPS though. Fans blowing inside would just move the hot air around, as opposed to cooling the tent right?

That's a good light for both veg and flowering! No if you have a vent open at the top the air blowing in from the bottom (cold) will push all the hot air out of the vent above. Would be classed as a passive exhaust.

Unless you are worried about smell?

ok perfect man. I think im going to grab that one then. It seems like a solid price and product and the reviews are all positive in terms of effectivness and heat dispursement. Smell isnt an issue at all. With regards to the fans, are you saying to place one on the outside of the tent blowing in, or on the inside of the tent sucking air in? (does it matter really?) Right now ive got a fan at the top of the tent blowing air out of the exhaust port. I had a 240cfm inline exhaust fan but it was to loud as well as to powerful. haha

ok perfect man. I think im going to grab that one then. It seems like a solid price and product and the reviews are all positive in terms of effectivness and heat dispursement. Smell isnt an issue at all. With regards to the fans, are you saying to place one on the outside of the tent blowing in, or on the inside of the tent sucking air in? (does it matter really?) Right now ive got a fan at the top of the tent blowing air out of the exhaust port. I had a 240cfm inline exhaust fan but it was to loud as well as to powerful. haha

If smell isn't a problem, then a couple of small oscillating fans on the outside blowing into the tent from the bottom will push cold air in, and make the ten balloon up. Then a vent opened at the top will allow the hot air to escape from above. Much quieter that an extractor fan.

Back
Top Bottom