Another Victim of the Law: Don Nord

Stoner4Life

On October 14, 2003, 57-year-old Don Nord was arrested when a DEA task force raided his Hayden, Colorado, home and seized three marijuana plants, some loose marijuana, pipes, and growing equipment.

Nord is a disabled, wheelchair-bound, state-registered medical marijuana patient. He has battled kidney cancer, diabetes, lung disease, a neck injury, and other conditions, and grew his own marijuana out of medical and financial necessity.

Though Colorado allows seriously ill people to use marijuana with a doctor's approval, DEA agents follow federal law, which forbids the use of marijuana for any purpose. The task force that raided Nord's house was composed of a DEA agent and eight county law enforcement officers deputized by the DEA to enforce federal law.

A county judge dismissed the charges against Nord in November 2003, and ordered the task force agents to return his marijuana and equipment. The officers returned his growing equipment the following month, but refused to return his marijuana or pipes.

Newshawk: Stoner4Life - 420 Magazine
Source: Marijuana Policy Project
Copyright: 2006 Marijuana Policy Project

Ok so let me get this straight...They took his medical marijuana and would not return it. But they returned his grow equipment, so he could grow more pot...:smokin:

Isn't something wrong with this picture?:hmmmm:

Peace and happiness:peace:

Its to bad some of the big news stations wouldnt play this kind of stuff ... Thats crazy that they raided his house and took his shit, while hes " a disabled, wheelchair-bound, state-registered medical marijuana patient. He has battled kidney cancer, diabetes, lung disease, a neck injury, and other conditions, and grew his own marijuana out of medical and financial necessity. " That would make the dea look bad ...

Yeah and how bout the way the FEDS only sent one guy and deputized a buncha local deputies that are probably future wanna be mother-flockers.
That's so much BS.......

The task force that raided Nord's house was composed of a DEA agent and eight county law enforcement officers deputized by the DEA to enforce federal law.

I believe it is DEA policy to ally themselves with the local agencies. The fact that Berkeley never has DEA incidents is that the City Council has made it clear to the DEA that they will never be welcome in the Berkeley neighborhood. Seemed to make sense.

There always has to be complicity of some nature for the DEA to do their deeds in a municipality or the County in which it is located.

It starts with convincing the local powers to be that this is a good thing.

You don't like it.. vote the fuckers outta there.

That's my opinion and you know what I say about opinions..
They're like assholes.. everybody has one. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

By the way, it is sad that the Colorado officials did this to Mr. Nord. Yeah.. Colorado officials.

Back
Top Bottom