Any Chance Of Medicine Interactions With Cannabis/CBD Oil?

SL2222

Hey, everyone! I've been gone a long time as personal issues and my own bad luck with cannabis kept me away.

But I'm getting my parents warmed up to the idea of CBD oil, at least, for now. It will probably be Hemp, as my dad is very much into the "federally OK, thing" as he's used to be brainwashed by the cannabis hype. He's on no medication, so it's fine, once I finally convince him :).

My mom is SO EXCITED to try it, but also SO NERVOUS about interactions. She currently takes blood pressure medication, an antidepressant, and something else I don't remember at the moment.

I mean, I know from being on here that people use cannabis while on all sorts of things. My dog has been taking Hemp CBD for 5 years while taking tons of medications and tests that require even more medications with no problems.

I was hoping to get legit info or even just assurances from as many people as possible that she can do this. I know the CBD can lower blood pressure, so she needs to monitor in case it becomes to much (it would be GREAT if she can get off blood pressure meds) but this info is being filtered by her brain to mean *interaction* as opposed to something helping her.

Thank you guys! I'm going to be on a journey of seeing if I can find any kind of cannabis that doesn't make me feel like crap, myself.

A chance? Sure. Someone I care about once described a cannabis experience as being like an electrical storm in her brain. She has some extreme mental issues, including schizophrenia - and was on multiple "head meds" at the time that were causing her to have some significant bad... effects (and not just the "Thorazine Shuffle" type).

But is it likely? You're more likely to suffer a problem by eating a new brand of candy bar, in my honest opinion. Even the lady I mentioned above had no (cannabis-related) issues after her doctor played another round of pill-roulette with her head.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible to have two substances combine for a greater effect. For example, if one consumes a strong indica AND a strong sleeping pill at the same time, lol, they might be well-advised to set an extra alarm clock. Or three. . . .

A chance? Sure. Someone I care about once described a cannabis experience as being like an electrical storm in her brain. She has some extreme mental issues, including schizophrenia - and was on multiple "head meds" at the time that were causing her to have some significant bad... effects (and not just the "Thorazine Shuffle" type).

But is it likely? You're more likely to suffer a problem by eating a new brand of candy bar, in my honest opinion. Even the lady I mentioned above had no (cannabis-related) issues after her doctor played another round of pill-roulette with her head.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible to have two substances combine for a greater effect. For example, if one consumes a strong indica AND a strong sleeping pill at the same time, lol, they might be well-advised to set an extra alarm clock. Or three. . . .

Haha! Thank you :) Yes - even an unpleasant effect is ok - I mean, she can just stop if she doesn't like it. Cannabis doesn't seem to like me, so I'm familiar with that. But as long as it isn't a dangerous effect. And, of course, we'd start as small as possible.

In any case, cannabis isn't like SSRIs, where a "little drug interaction issue" can kill you deader than last Christmas.

If your wife is new to cannabis, tell her to start SLOW. Even a full "hit" (especially if it's one of the strains sometimes referred to as "one-hit wonders" ;) ) might be a little much for a new user. With those, a partial hit would probably be better. In a comfortable, reasonably "quiet" (not a lot of noise / motion / screaming kids / possibilities that she'll have to quickly respond to an emergency / etc. ) would be advised.

Also note that there are thousands of different strains, covering the range from "Wait, didn't I just smoke something?" to "Wow!!!" in terms of strength. And that indicas have very different effects than sativas, so if you are looking for a certain thing from "cannabis," you don't want to treat "cannbis" as one generic thing. If that makes any sense. (Don't consume a strong sativa for insomnia :rofl:.)

Actually, if you are considering cannabis as a tool to treat a specific medical issue, you should post a thread about that in one of our "medicinal-use" sections. That will tend to get you more specific advise. On the other hand, if you're thinking in terms of recreational use, well... Try a variety (not all at once!), lol. For that matter, try growing one (preferably, after you've tried the finished product). Part of the "flavor" that makes homegrown produce so tasty... is knowing that you grew it.

Back
Top Bottom