Anybody knowing anything about this strain?

Aloha420

Hi guys :) I've seen on several seedbanks this strain and i want your opinion..I I am talking about Arjan's Ultra Haze#1 from GeernHouse.From what I've heard,it's awsome but the yield seems to me way too much.I've read that 1 plant can yield up to 900gramms indoors - almost a kilo.That's a little crazy!! :) Is there a possibility to yield up to half of this ammount with a 400W HPS??Or not??Post your opinion an your comments here please...

Re: Anybody knowing anything about this strain??

Hi guys :) I've seen on several seedbanks this strain and i want your opinion..I I am talking about Arjan's Ultra Haze#1 from GeernHouse.From what I've heard,it's awsome

ALL of the sativas that carry his name are well worth growing if you're not in a hurry and if your idea of the perfect stone is NOT you in a puddle on your couch.

but the yield seems to me way too much.I've read that 1 plant can yield up to 900gramms indoors - almost a kilo.That's a little crazy!! :) Is there a possibility to yield up to half of this ammount with a 400W HPS??Or not??Post your opinion an your comments here please...

Lol... 16 ounces from 400 watts? Sure but it'll take you two grows.

You ought to be able to nail 225 grams though if you've got everything just right, don't have your GR too large for your light, you go with a proper Scrog-style grow, you veg the plant for an extended period of time, and you allow the thing to flower fully.

Oh, and if your ballast is in decent shape I would toss the 400-watt bulb into a drawer for a spare and grab a new 430-watt bulb for the extra lumens and enhanced spectrum. Otherwise you'll see that sativa stretch (or see it even more lol).

Actually, if you run hydro (and are proficient) and manage to just fill your screen - no empty holes or overfilling - you might hit 10-12 ounces of well-trimmed bud. Especially if you flower under less than 12 hours of darkness (I think it'll flower under 11 hours darkness but don't ask me what that'll do to the days of stretch vs. total flowering period ratio).

But I honestly wouldn't count on it since you've never grown it before. But then again, half that amount of a fine sativa-dominant strain beats twice as much indica IMHO unless your only goals are pain-relief or sleep-aid.

But that's just my opinion.

And I don't think I'd try running multiple plants of this strain with a small light like that. Thinking that you'll be better off with one or at most two in the afore-mentioned scrog setup.

Thanks for the info torturedsoul..It was really helpfull..You solved a lot of questions i had that the answers were not clear in my head...I was thinking the Scrog,but i am a little afraid since i havent done it before..I have a basic idea but i need more studying about the way it is done..And i would buy a 600W but i worry a little about the bill..it is a little expensive here in greece :)

Yeah, it'd boost your lighting electrical usage by ~50% although you could still veg with the 400-watt HPS (or a MH, or fluorescents).

Last time I checked, my rate was just over 11 cents per kWh. Uhh... .07775 EUR I think. I have heard that in some places like parts of California it can hit 44 cents per (.311 EUR?). That's crazy high if you ask me. Must be expensive to produce it in my neck of the woods and send it all that way I guess. But since WE have to deal with the environmental impact of having the plants, I just can't come up with much in the way of sympathy for them.

They ever come up with a way to generate electricity from evil and we could just dig a pit, shove 99% of the politicians and lawyers into it, fill it in, and pound a couple of electrodes into it. Just think, free unlimited electricity.

Scrog is pretty simple when it comes down to it. A flat plane (the screen) that you keep sticking the growth back under when the tips grow up, with the goal being one bud-side per hole. Keeping the light above the screen allows the initial growth to be a bit "stretchier" which will both get it to the screen faster and tend to give you less undergrowth to have to deal with.

In any case, good luck and may you soar with sativa!

They ever come up with a way to generate electricity from evil and we could just dig a pit, shove 99% of the politicians and lawyers into it, fill it in, and pound a couple of electrodes into it. Just think, free unlimited electricity.

That's a very good idea man :) We shoun do it and smoke a couple of blunts on their grave :) :smokin:

Scrog is pretty simple when it comes down to it. A flat plane (the screen) that you keep sticking the growth back under when the tips grow up, with the goal being one bud-side per hole. Keeping the light above the screen allows the initial growth to be a bit "stretchier" which will both get it to the screen faster and tend to give you less undergrowth to have to deal with.

In any case, good luck and may you soar with sativa!

I like this Scrog..I think i'm gonna try it...For about 16oz in perfect conditions how many plants do you think should be planted (arjan's haze#1) ? And also will be enough the 600W HPS i am thinking to buy??
Many thanks for your wishers man...Sativa rules!!

I like this Scrog..I think i'm gonna try it...For about 16oz in perfect conditions how many plants do you think should be planted (arjan's haze#1) ? And also will be enough the 600W HPS i am thinking to buy??
Many thanks for your wishers man...Sativa rules!!

Perfect conditions, room sized for the light, no nutrient-burn, etc.? Probably somewhere in there lol. If at first you don't succeed, widen your GR just enough to put the 600 on a short light rail.

Using clones or fem seed, you could use three plants with the intention of keeping them in vegetative state long enough so that they will eventually each account for five or six square feet (including stretch). Or if you are impatient you could increase the number of plants (but I wouldn't). YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom