Anyone else experience this?

Tie-Dyed Soul

Since about May, when I smoke I get kind of anxious. I focus on the faster heartbeat and just feel uncomfortable and on edge when I smoke, even a few hits.

This is the second time I've experienced this, the first time was about two years ago, and I was smoking a huge amount of weed, (about 5-10 bowls of a kind of weed called g13, one hit quit for most people, me too, until I got my tolerance that high). Well, I took 6 months off from smoking and when I tried again, all was good, I could smoke regularly again.

Well, last November I started smoking a ton again, like starting out with smoke a few bowls of white widow in a sitting, to smoking 5 bowls in a row of stuff like purple kush or sour diesel. And now, here I am again.

I'm taking a break for a little while because that seemed to help.

I know some people have a problem where they get panic attacks for weed and can't smoke it ever, or only small amounts, but clearly this isn't the case for me, as after a break, everything is back to normal. Am I just smoking way to much and my mind/body is telling me to take a break?

I love smoking and I know I can get carried away, even though I still make sure to be responsible and do well in my college classes, keep a job, etc., and I'd love to keep smoking, it's just annoying that this happens every so often. It's also tough because smoking helps with my insomnia and pain I have, and at times the depression that stems from that.

Is this just a case of moderation, not smoking my lungs out like I sometimes get in the habit of doing?

Peace and love everyone!

Since about May, when I smoke I get kind of anxious. I focus on the faster heartbeat and just feel uncomfortable and on edge when I smoke, even a few hits.

This is the second time I've experienced this, the first time was about two years ago, and I was smoking a huge amount of weed, (about 5-10 bowls of a kind of weed called g13, one hit quit for most people, me too, until I got my tolerance that high). Well, I took 6 months off from smoking and when I tried again, all was good, I could smoke regularly again.

Well, last November I started smoking a ton again, like starting out with smoke a few bowls of white widow in a sitting, to smoking 5 bowls in a row of stuff like purple kush or sour diesel. And now, here I am again.

I know some people have a problem where they get panic attacks for weed and can't smoke it ever, or only small amounts, but clearly this isn't the case for me, as after a break, everything is back to normal. Am I just smoking way to much and my mind/body is telling me to take a break?

I love smoking and I know I can get carried away, even though I still make sure to be responsible and do well in my college classes, keep a job, etc., and I'd love to keep smoking, it's just annoying that this happens every so often. It's also tough because smoking helps with my insomnia and pain I have, and at times the depression that stems from that.

Is this just a case of moderation, not smoking my lungs out like I sometimes get in the habit of doing?

Peace and love everyone!

There's no shame in enjoying weed. Don't beat yourself up for smoking a lot. You sound like a very responsible, intelligent kid. If you feel like you need a break from smoking then take one. You say it clears your head so it must help. I think we've all taken breaks from smoking if for no other reason than to prove to ourselves that we could. :grinjoint:

Regards

...Is this just a case of moderation, not smoking my lungs out like I sometimes get in the habit of doing?

Enjoy all good things in moderation.

Too much of a good thing means it is no longer a good thing. :peace:

sounds like a classis case of smoking way too much weed. ive been smoking everyday for about 2 years and still get the symptoms youve described after smoking too much herb, let alone smoking the way bomb dank youve got.
yeah marijuana is a powerful psychodelic drug and while a bowl or 2 is good for seasoned smokers it can be too much for a newbie and scale it up a few times and good herb can get the better of us long term tokers.
your common sense will tell you when youve had enough, and the up side, you can always smoke the bowl later
:peace:

Yeah I get this every so often as well. Usually when I am in a position where I am not doing anything, or I am paranoid or stressed about something is when I notice it the most. And it only happens when I have smoked some good bud and am completely stoned.

you can try calming yourself down before you smoke if you meditate and concetrate on calming thoughts you will be more centered during your time getting high.... also if you are always around a bad influence during the time your getting high it can get you to feel anxiety (or a partial panic attack in my case). when i started smoking i didnt know that and i was freaking out after every hit.
found out the long way it was something bugging me in my environment

Try sativas bud. I kinda got those symptoms today, and have had them in the past before. The only thing different now though is i got two pretty powerful indicas, king cheese and afghani. When I had sativas, i got high so to say, but not stoned like i was earlier when i got nervous. I was feeling lazy as hell, but felt like i was about to jump outta my skin, although i had a ruff day. I think that i personally relax better mentally with sativas, but might just be my body chemistry.

For me it was strong indicas that kept me from getting to edgy
but the other people around me smoke light green sativa and enjoy that so you could be on to something. the first time i heard this subject someone said it was sativas that are racey and in your head instead of your body
also it could be the strain alone.... there are alot of strains that make me parinoid

I first discovered it after i got my liscence and was able to tell exactly what i was gettting at the dispensaries. If I were you, I would try to get a sample of both and see what the results are hehe. g-13 and kush are powerful indicas right?

I have heard of this before as well...

The advice I have heard is...
1.) Take only 1 hit when you smoke, wait 15 minutes and see how you feel before taking another hit.
2.) Take smaller hits than you normally do and exhale immediately rather than holding the hit it.
3.) Make sure you are getting plenty of oxygen, marijuana can slow you breathing rate slightly (this is why it increases your heart rate) so pay attention to your breathing and take plenty of slow even breaths after each hit, breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. Another good thing to try is a vaporizer because your body may be reacting negatively to smoke inhalation.
4.) And yes, it could be mental so try to smoke in a relaxing 'safe' environment.

Hope this helps! ;)

Ive been going through the same thing, i pulled last seasons out door grow all at the same time, some plants were more mature than others but all had big stinky buds. I find the more mature buds dont give me the anxiety of the others. Nothing worse than thinking aaaahhhh im might have a smoke and end up with butterflies in your stomach and chewwen all ya finger nails off. I f@cken hate that feeling. When its real bad i eat, it brings me down a bit quicker. Eat an orange or something with vitamin c that should bring u down a bit. But in your case TDS a break is as good as a holiday.

Happens to me if I am not actively doing something. My advice is smoke a blunt then play some WarCraft III......and feel free to qoute me while you pwn the noobs. "Poor fools only now with my balls apon your chin do you realize the full power of teh Dank Syde." I feel better after saying that everytime.Maybe try drinking a few beers first then lighting up.

Peace and love everyone!
There are so many different strains, maybe try a few different strains. My son usually grows my medicine and concentrates on cannabis for arthritis pain. Unfortunately this year the critters ate his whole huge crop. This will be the first time in years that I have to purchase my medical cannabis. What a bummer!

Back
Top Bottom