Anyone have personal experience with revegging?

Chago0122

My plant has 1 and 3 leaves, since experience this unusual growth, I research it. It is due to revegging. I'm in Los Angeles, and we could usually plant plants outside with no repercussions; however, this year it rained in April, so I got some repercussions, i.e., revegging. I've attached pictures. Here's my question: Has anyone tried buds from revegging. This is like trim or not to trim outcome, some people swear the weed will be less potent and buds will be stringy, others say the total opposite. After reading or researching, I found a few plants with the same diagnosis, but one is further along in the budding process. The buds look good, full enough to meet my standards of satisfaction, and the smell/stickiness superb, if I do say so myself. Pictures are of 2 different plants. You can tell the difference. The close up pictures are of one branch, the shit is crazy, and WILD ASF! Any comments will be appreciated, especially if you have grown a plant that revegged itself.
20200604_191015.jpg
20200604_191039.jpg
20200604_191113.jpg
20200604_191054.jpg
20200604_191030.jpg
20200604_191020.jpg
20200603_162914.jpg

Well, I have reveged a plant before (on purpose) but never smoked the reveg buds :hmmmm: and unless it's an auto, I wouldn't put my plant to flower outside in April :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: you do realize you need 12 hours of darkness to start the flowering process right? As well as to keep it going....:goodluck:

Well, I have reveged a plant before (on purpose) but never smoked the reveg buds :hmmmm: and unless it's an auto, I wouldn't put my plant to flower outside in April :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: you do realize you need 12 hours of darkness to start the flowering process right? As well as to keep it going....:goodluck:

Yes, I realize the concept of planting in April, May or June 1st for seeds, etc; however, those rules don't normally apply to my regime. I'm from Los Angeles, and we could normally plant in January with no repercussions, but this year, which has been highly unusual, it rained for a few days, but was gloomy asf for a few weeks. I think I mentioned all that in my post.

Yes, I realize the concept of planting in April, May or June 1st for seeds, etc; however, those rules don't normally apply to my regime. I'm from Los Angeles, and we could normally plant in January with no repercussions, but this year, which has been highly unusual, it rained for a few days, but was gloomy asf for a few weeks. I think I mentioned all that in my post.
I’m not sure I’m understanding correctly — what did the rain have to do with the revegging? The plants look pretty cool, though, very unusual.

Isn't, that what caused the revegging? Normally we have sun straight through; hence, I'll have big plants. This year it was gloomy for about a month, so I'm assuming that's what caused the deformation. Idk, I'm a little new to this. I've grown about 5 crops.

Isn't, that what caused the revegging? Normally we have sun straight through; hence, I'll have big plants. This year it was gloomy for about a month, so I'm assuming that's what caused the deformation. Idk, I'm a little new to this. I've grown about 5 crops.
So revegging usually occurs when you’ve had a crop that’s flowered at 12 hours light and 12 hours darkness, but then it gets exposed to a longer light period that brings it back to the vegetative state. All about the length of daily light the plant receives.

No that's not what caused it...planting a photo period plant in April means you will have a huge plant come September when it starts to flower, and should usually finish about the end of October.
Unless you had an Auto, it will continue to reveg all summer till we have a 10/12 hour dark period, then it will flower :thumb:

No that's not what caused it...planting a photo period plant in April means you will have a huge plant come September when it starts to flower, and should usually finish about the end of October.
Unless you had an Auto, it will continue to reveg all summer till we have a 10/12 hour dark period, then it will flower :thumb:

Thanks for the information, so an autoflower can go into revegging?

Thanks for the information, so an autoflower can go into revegging?
I’ve never grown autoflower but from what I understand it’s not dependent on day length, so once it starts flowering it will continue flowering until it dies. I’d be curious if people have tried to keep an autoflower alive for more than one season. My kneejerk guess is the plant goes into senescence and dies but that’s not based on firsthand knowledge.

What happens if you just kept trying to keep the autoflower alive? Would it just die or what? I’m assuming so but what if they have evolved to expect a killing frost and will just keep flowering without it? I have no idea, just wondering.
That's a good question :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom