Anyone know what this is?

Elmer Fud

As the title says ;) I make this product daily. And smoke it 70% of the time when I smoke. It's one of my fav's, and is equivilant to live resin or sauce with terpene retention.. so, anyone know what this is? :) +1 to first correct answer!

Heres just a few spec runs to see how stable the genetics ar, with 4 different strains. :) :snowboating: :green_heart: :passitleft:

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_214235_483.jpg
    IMG_20181218_214235_483.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20181214_062132_859.jpg
    IMG_20181214_062132_859.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20181218_073706_893.jpg
    IMG_20181218_073706_893.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20181111_133236_419.jpg
    IMG_20181111_133236_419.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 170
Sure looks like terp sauce (you can see the crystals) You got any pics of the aged and filtered/extracted (whatever you want to call getting rid of the Thca crystals) product?

Sure looks like terp sauce (you can see the crystals) You got any pics of the aged and filtered/extracted (whatever you want to call getting rid of the Thca crystals) product?
Close. It's as equally as saucy at this stage! Yup loads of pics and I can take em daily. I do have some diamonds if that's what your asking :) I manufacture those also.
How do you make this stuff?

Out of complete purged high grade shatter ;)
Press resin is what it is

Nope. Not even close!
It's like a pull n snap budder. I dunno what it is but it's beautiful. I'd name it Terpy Taffy personally. :drool: :drool::thumb::thumb:

:)

It is like pull n snap at this stage!

Ok without further ado everyone. This is the beginning stages of "honeycomb" you manufacture it via shatter. You take your slab (that's fully purged) and start pulling on it. Till it gets stretched out. Fold it over ontop of itself over and over again. Stretching it until u start to hear little snapping bubbles popping. The point is to ensure every sq millimeter gets exposed to the air.. after about 5 minutes of pulling and twisting you'll hear this sound. Then put it in somewhat of a small ball, toss her in your heated purge oven at 98F. Then within 2 hours (if your genetics and trichomies are still stable [and not broke ] If not it will take upto 24 hours + depending..) you'll have this;

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_080321_354.jpg
    IMG_20181218_080321_354.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20181218_080321_349.jpg
    IMG_20181218_080321_349.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20181218_073222_655.jpg
    IMG_20181218_073222_655.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20181214_063158_000.jpg
    IMG_20181214_063158_000.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20181214_061905_780.jpg
    IMG_20181214_061905_780.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20181118_161651_448.jpg
    IMG_20181118_161651_448.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20181111_182828_582.jpg
    IMG_20181111_182828_582.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20181111_182828_581.jpg
    IMG_20181111_182828_581.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 161
Snap 'n pull; nice, the crystals threw me off. So how many grams per kg are you averaging per variety (and is it whole plant or partial)?

That's pretty sweet. So what's the advantage in doing this over say, just dabbing It as shatter, or that super sexy taffy?
This is simply a alternative product. Also "taffy" is known to concentrate guru's as 'unstable' and is at the bottom end of what you want to smoke. Although it can be really tasty from time to time. Honeycomb is something different that can be made that stands up to the test of quality. It's truly budder. But by making biscuits then opening them, you can see a "honeycomb" texture. Making It eye appealing. It's also more firm then your typical budder.

Basically, just another treat to add to the list of concenteates we medicate with. :) now, it gets fun if the chemist understands the true inner workings of retaining terpene profiles when washing their material. If you know how to do this, then you can make some serious "terpy" shatter, almost live resin like in flavor.. therefore when you use thermodynamic methods, you can capture that profile in a budder/honeycomb consistancy and have some stellar flavors flowing across Palet.

All in all tho, people get bored. So we have to invent new ways of smoking. And this is how us stoner nerds do it! Lol :slide: :cheesygrinsmiley::green_heart::Namaste:

Snap 'n pull; nice, the crystals threw me off. So how many grams per kg are you averaging per variety (and is it whole plant or partial)?
That question can be answered with a book! Lol, there are so many genetics that I have washed over the years. So they way the returns on weight work is, if you have 1 ounce of shatter. And you make budder. You have 1 ounce of budder!! Lol :yahoo: generally you have 95% to 100% return when manufacturing honeycomb from stable good shatter. As for genetics and returns, that point is irrelevant. When you blast your material there is 100% relevancy. Each strain yields differently. (More or less) But, once the product has been washed to concentrates or crude, Then making it into other concentrates (besides distillate) will return 95%+. :) distillate on the other hand varies. From 50% return, to 90 if your using exotic material and know your shiz nit. :) :thumb::passitleft::green_heart::Namaste:

As the title says ;) I make this product daily. And smoke it 70% of the time when I smoke. It's one of my fav's, and is equivilant to live resin or sauce with terpene retention.. so, anyone know what this is? :) +1 to first correct answer!

Heres just a few spec runs to see how stable the genetics ar, with 4 different strains. :) :snowboating: :green_heart: :passitleft:
Hash has many different cool names but its still just hash buddy resin oil cannabinoids.

That question can be answered with a book! Lol, there are so many genetics that I have washed over the years. So they way the returns on weight work is, if you have 1 ounce of shatter. And you make budder. You have 1 ounce of budder!! Lol :yahoo: generally you have 95% to 100% return when manufacturing honeycomb from stable good shatter. As for genetics and returns, that point is irrelevant. When you blast your material there is 100% relevancy. Each strain yields differently. (More or less) But, once the product has been washed to concentrates or crude, Then making it into other concentrates (besides distillate) will return 95%+. :) distillate on the other hand varies. From 50% return, to 90 if your using exotic material and know your shiz nit. :) :thumb::passitleft::green_heart::Namaste:
The conversion, I understand that can be controlled and tracked (in another life I was a "custom pharmaceutical chemist" of the sort that produced at 150g/5 days and I was at a 80-85% recovery rate from raw stock and that was dependent on which of the 3 I used, if racemization was used, true Birch or modified, etc. and if I wanted to waste an hour just to get 10 more grams) I was wondering if per say you are using 1 kg of raw stock (flowers) that is 20% THC (5g= 1g if perfection is achieved) what % of that are you getting? I understand that it's dependent on dwell times, temperature, and the like but are you getting 70% 80% of the stuff out of the flower? (very roughly of course).
Also, are you using this to process what's left after the large flowers are donated to charity? Or are you growing just to concentrate on concentrates?

Hash has many different cool names but its still just hash buddy resin oil cannabinoids.
Not quite the same. Hash is hash. Concentrates have different structures, consistencies, and textures. Hash does not however. Blanketing it as just "oil" is like saying, all milk products are the same.. a different comparison would proooobably be more viable tho. :green_heart: :Namaste:

The conversion, I understand that can be controlled and tracked (in another life I was a "custom pharmaceutical chemist" of the sort that produced at 150g/5 days and I was at a 80-85% recovery rate from raw stock and that was dependent on which of the 3 I used, if racemization was used, true Birch or modified, etc. and if I wanted to waste an hour just to get 10 more grams) I was wondering if per say you are using 1 kg of raw stock (flowers) that is 20% THC (5g= 1g if perfection is achieved) what % of that are you getting? I understand that it's dependent on dwell times, temperature, and the like but are you getting 70% 80% of the stuff out of the flower? (very roughly of course).
Also, are you using this to process what's left after the large flowers are donated to charity? Or are you growing just to concentrate on concentrates?

So 1 kg is 2.2 pounds. The 20% has nothing to do with your yield. Or very little. It's the resins in the flowers that we "wash". So that being said, good product blasts 4 ounces per pound. Great product is 6+ ounces per P. So answering your question, 1 kg would yield roughly 13 ounces of "good" crude.

I blast 1200 roughly plants every 90 days for concentrates. All various methods with various quality genetics. For shatters and good concentrate I use buds. For distillate I use shake, trim and leftovers. When manufacturing distillate through my short path systems, I can take 1% THC flowers and turn it to 98+% distillate. No need to waste buds for disti. ;) it's also all purified so you can wash trim, get tar, and turn it to gold honey disti. Which has 1001 different applications. :) :green_heart: :passitleft:

So 1 kg is 2.2 pounds. The 20% has nothing to do with your yield. Or very little. It's the resins in the flowers that we "wash". So that being said, good product blasts 4 ounces per pound. Great product is 6+ ounces per P. So answering your question, 1 kg would yield roughly 13 ounces of "good" crude.

I blast 1200 roughly plants every 90 days for comcentrates. All various methods with various quality genetics. For shatters and good concentrate I use buds. For distillate I use shake, trim and leftovers. When manufacturing distillate through my short path systems, I can take 1% THC flowers and turn it to 98+% distillate. No need to waste buds for disti. ;) and it's all purified so you can wash trim, get tar, and turn it to gold honey disti. :) :green_heart: :passitleft:
Ok you've explained it a lot better than my question. I do understand that the THC level is not the weight of the available concentrate; I'm just too tired to artfully ask the question but at least you understood it. It looks like a very rough 25-37% return on weight. It appears my small-scale pentane extraction (got to do something with the small flowers;-) is doing OK (similar) thanks.

Ok you've explained it a lot better than my question. I do understand that the THC level is not the weight of the available concentrate; I'm just too tired to artfully ask the question but at least you understood it. It looks like a very rough 25-37% return on weight. It appears my small-scale pentane extraction (got to do something with the small flowers;-) is doing OK (similar) thanks.
25% is killer, 29% is amaaaaaazing,,,, 37% return from washing flowers has never happened...lol hitting 18%+ is good. 20% is great. 25% is amazing. 29% is insane. Lol this is fun. I am also very tired. One more disti dab then I'm done for the night. :passitleft: :Namaste: cheers.

Attachments

• 20190802_064609.jpg
    20190802_064609.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 147
Back
Top Bottom