Anyone using yield master II 6" reflector by

Purple Goose

Anyone using a sunsystem yieldmaster 2 6" air cooled reflector with a 1000w ballast able to give me an idea of its ideal foot print IE. how many square feet of canopy , X number of feet deep ?

I have estimated around 30 square feet or 5 x 6 and 3.5' tall plants max would this be about accurate?

BUMP!
I have that reflector, but I use a 600W electronic ballast. Do you have a link to info on how to determine your footprint and penetration?

BUMP!
I have that reflector, but I use a 600W electronic ballast. Do you have a link to info on how to determine your footprint and penetration?

Actually I dont I was hoping someone might know the formula to determine the footprint, sweet spot and penetration level as a basic formula and we can just input our lamps power. Thing is I have found in 3 differnt growing books as well as posts here that a 1000w lamp is sufficient for a 5 x 5 garden a 6 x 6 or a 6 x 7 garden and even 8 x 8 so determining the proper size garden is rather confusing as well as determing the canopy penetration for instance If I knew that the light could provide strong lighting up to 3.5' then I would know not to grow my plants past 3.5-4'

I would love to know some specs too. I'm running 2 1000w hps with the yeild master II hood in a 6.5' x 6' area. It seems to work well and I think I can expand to 8x8 using the same lights but I wouldn't go much more

Back
Top Bottom