Are mutations strain related?

AusyBattler

420 Member
Hi all, I have a couple of plants that have tri leaves, I get a few with this strain. One of the plants in the pics started out as 2 leaves (normal) grew a few nodes then shot out 3 leaves and then back to 2. I tipped it at the 3 leaf node and now its growing with 3 tops :) The other started as 3 and stayed that way , but never had one change before, so is this strain related if its at 1 in 20 seeds or less?

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_005002.jpg
    IMG_20181014_005002.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20181014_005052.jpg
    IMG_20181014_005052.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20181014_005103.jpg
    IMG_20181014_005103.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20181014_005115.jpg
    IMG_20181014_005115.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20181014_005124.jpg
    IMG_20181014_005124.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 33
Attitude doesn’t help. That can also be caused by light leakage. They look slightly over fertilized to me as well.
Hi Dusted, this is my first dwc grow, plants are about 8-9 weeks old and have had quite a few problems. They were stunted for a while, I'm using 3/4 dose of grow base nutes. Water ppm at 220 then I add aquarium water ager to get out the chloromine which brings it to 250 ppm, after adding base nutes I am around 720 ppm. May I ask your suggestions here?

OK. DWC is just about the same as hydroponics so the pH is critical. You have about the right nutrient concentration but if the plant can’t access it there can be nutrient deficiencies or toxicity’s take place. Make sure the nutrient solution has a pH of 5.5-6.1. What kind of lighting are you using? It is on a timer in a light proof room right?

Thanks for replying, I have been letting the ph swing from 5.5 to 6.4 as some info suggested but now I am trying to keep between 5.5 to 5.8. I am growing in a cardboard box and was using a cheap chinese 1000 watt led. Couple of days before I took the pic I got a Meizhi 600 watt and wow what a difference. Its not fully sealed but is in a dark garage, lights on timer for 18/6, water temp is 24 deg and am using h202 and more stones which has helped pick them up. I have a small grow tent and just waiting for exhaust fan and ducting to arrive in next couple of days, then will transfer which should help. I have been trying for a couple of years with little success but now with dwc I am getting somewhere, also I don't usually ask for help but this is important to me and found some change to get something better to grow in, If I offend anyone, it is not my intention and I do appreciate the help sincerely, Thx

I am using 50lt rectangle storage containers, 12 plants in one and 11 in the other, was hoping to start to bloom soon and take out the males but I think I am going to have a problem. My idea was to take out males and then move everything around to space them out but payed no attention to how the roots tangle up, not sure what to do?

I grow with soil so there is not much I can add or suggest. One thing though might help. I use tap water for my plants. I never PH up or down. I do let the water set overnight so the chlorine can evaporate. I don't know what they put in that aquarium stuff but if you don't have to add it why do it. Not only is it one less thing in your water you save money also.

I should mention I don't live in a huge ass city so I can't say what their water is like. It is city water so a lot is the same.

Thanks for replying, I have been letting the ph swing from 5.5 to 6.4 as some info suggested but now I am trying to keep between 5.5 to 5.8. I am growing in a cardboard box and was using a cheap chinese 1000 watt led. Couple of days before I took the pic I got a Meizhi 600 watt and wow what a difference. Its not fully sealed but is in a dark garage, lights on timer for 18/6, water temp is 24 deg and am using h202 and more stones which has helped pick them up. I have a small grow tent and just waiting for exhaust fan and ducting to arrive in next couple of days, then will transfer which should help. I have been trying for a couple of years with little success but now with dwc I am getting somewhere, also I don't usually ask for help but this is important to me and found some change to get something better to grow in, If I offend anyone, it is not my intention and I do appreciate the help sincerely, Thx

It sounds like you are doing most things properly. Yes, better lighting always helps. The tent will be a huge improvement. Right now you are probably not getting enough air circulation, and once you get to flowering stage light leakage can cause problems. The tent will solve this as well.

As far as male removal, I would try gently pulling them out of the media. If they won’t come out then just chop at media level and remove. The old stem will slowly rot. I used to have males but I now go feminized seeds.

While what you are talking about is found in lots of strains. There are strains that are known for weird growth. Some strains carry weird growth in their even into hybrids. I recently found a single leaf growing from the center of a fan leaf. While jack the Ripper is not the only strain that can do this. It is something I have found when growing it. Nice to see this in the Jacks Cleaner 2 . Here is the recent pic on the new plant. I will have to do some checking to find the old ones.

Its an amazing plant, weed and me started our relationship as a teenager in the 70s, and we have never been parted. One day hope to try some of the strains you guys can get, too hard to get here, thx for the pic, its really interesting.

Back
Top Bottom