Are these proper lights?

devonxp

I've never grown before, this will be my first time and I've done some research on what lights to use but I'm not sure if these are right.

Bulbrite Industries 55W Dimmable Rapid Start Compact Fluorescent 4-Pin Long Twin Tube in Neutral White (Set of 2): Decor : Walmart.com

I've heard you need different lights for the different stages, which stage is this useful for?
How do I find a fixture for it (must be walmart)?
Are there better lights at walmart for a similar price that I should consider?

:thanks:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm only looking for things suitable for a tiny grow. 1-3 plants only.

The 26 watt screw in fluorescent bulbs are actually more efficient. Bulb fluros are slightly more efficient than all but T5 tubes. They will grow plants fine. There are quite a few CFL grow journals on the site take a look around.

Agree, the 23w are better and cheaper IMO. While the 42w are natrully going to be putting out more light, I don't find the added heat worth the light considering I can get a 23w closer to the plant. One thing to keep in mind is that while CFL run cooler than most lights, with the exception ot LED, you lose that heat benifit when you have a lot of them. I feel that around the 300-400 watt mark is when you are going to have the same heat issues as you would with a MH or HPS light which are better lights anyways. I use both CFLs and MH so it would be IMO that if you are going to stick to CFLs than don' eceed that watt limit or else you should just go out and buy a ballast of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom