Midlife light crisis

Stunned

So, after starting with Blurple (Vipar Spectra), They actually did ok
I still have a soft spot for Vipars
Next was right to QB's. I'v never looked back and now have 3 fixtures in my 5X5.
After several grows now, I have come to the conclusion that the ones that I have at 3000K are primarily flowering lights
I think the Vipars with their more accent on blue did a better job with veg.
Even with flowering now, all the rage is with far reds incorporated with your lighting.
Mine don't have that.

So, thinking about adding supplemental lighting for the veg phase and the flowering stage
The QB's themselves are great all round lights, don't get me wrong on my love for them
It's just that I feel that I could use a certain crutch in these 2 different growth phases.
There are many strip/rail type fixtures that could be added that would run in the middle of my existing lights.
So many choices though.
I'm wondering for those that don't have far red and or blue incorporated into their lighting
What do you use or are thinking of using?

Any feedback appreciated

If you read my sig below I built my own quantum lights. I had bought two Viparspectra to use but never did. I just recently pulled one out of storage to use vegging along with my home built lights. When I go to flower (soon) I will pull the 2nd vipar and use both with just the red switched on, Gonna be interesting. My home built has two spectrum led's 2700k and 35ook so it balances out at 3100k. Just the home built lights netted me 20 ounces on my first ever grow. I know it looks dark but is just the angle. Not sure why it does that
20191220_112631[1].jpg
20191220_112717[1].jpg
n

I have a flower tent that runs at 3000k and a flower tent that runs at 4100k I have not been able to detect a difference in the two, yields and quality are both quite similar. Perhaps with lab testing a difference would be detectable, but to the naked eye there's not a noticable difference.

Kind LED has some interesting rails for supplemental lighting both veg and flower.
These are slim and can easily be slipped into an existing lighting scheme
Ya know.. I thought my light buying days were good for a good while
But it just never ends... it'll never be enough

Back
Top Bottom