Wanting a new light

Placed a order ( pre order, according to the website ) for a fc 4800 with the lm301h Evo diodes which supposedly has an efficacy of up to 3.10 μmol/J, whereas the LM301B has an efficacy of up to 2.92 μmol/J.. same wattage little more light output, I’ll take it.

there really isn't any difference between the two aside from binning. binning isn't exact either, it's a range, none of the diodes hit the precise umol regardless of letter.

there is a slight difference though to be fair, as that is what binning is. when i built rigs, i could order the same emitters by a number of different bins depending on what i wanted to pay, or what i intended the rig for.

the h in the lm301h simply stands for horticulture and has been added more as marketing than anything. citizen did the same thing with cob a number of years back.

independent testing of the different b and h level emitters produces no discernible difference. the emitters are all produced at the same time, they only become b or h when tested and binned at the end of the production line.

edit : shenzen lite science - the mfgr - twists itself in knots trying to explain the difference only to admit at the end they are the same emitter. samsung farms the production out.

simple way to do it is look at the lights for a 5 x 5 stuff and it into a 4x4 if the dimensions fit. under led you want wall to wall light.

The only thing you want to watch for here is clearance on the light. I have an 8 bar style that is 50”x50” however it’s advertised as 48x48. The light itself is 48, however the rails add 2 inches width on the end due to the self contained drivers. If I try to fit it in a 4x4 the tent rests against the light and heats up the rails quickly. This can degrade the light much faster than normal. To be fair, my light manufacturer explicitly states the light shouldn’t be used in a tent. Funnily enough though, the manufacturer endorses certain distributors grow packages that include the light and a 5x5 tent.

OP already ordered his light but this is something others should be on the lookout for.

As for real time results I own a FC and a FCE and nothing in it.
Efficacy and hours the leds last is the only diff my friend i found.
Nice buy you wont be un happy

Back
Top Bottom