Wanting a new light

Homegr0wer89

Hey everyone! Currently using a mars hydro light and I am wanting to upgrade to a bar style light for even coverage in my 4x4 tent. I’ve been seeing a lot of Vipar stuff on here and the plants look amazing but I’ve also seen the same thing with the mars lights. I want something with high quality, premium leds, that will output the best quality light for the plants. Lmk some suggestions
Thanks! :passitleft:

what are you running for a mars now ?

depending how old the tech is, it is sometimes easier and cheaper just to add another light, and not replace the original outright.

Have you checked the sponsors exclusive 420 offers?
@Krissi Carbone reviewed a Cultiuana lamp recently and rated it as one of the best
@Bill284 uses VivoSun I think and grows great
Can't remember who it is that uses Vipar, but they are great too
I haven’t.. been eying the mars hydro smart FC E6500 and the Vipar ks5000
what are you running for a mars now ?

depending how old the tech is, it is sometimes easier and cheaper just to add another light, and not replace the original outright.
Currently using tsw 3000. I’ve thought about getting another one but I want to goto a bar style for even coverage of light

nothing wrong with either. you could also diy a bar light if you are handy-ish.

Currently using tsw 3000. I’ve thought about getting another one but I want to goto a bar style for even coverage of light
All 3 make excellent lights. I think the @Cultiuana is a bit of an overkill for a 4’X4’ though. CL🍀

I loved the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 in my 4x4. It fills the tent perfectly.

simple way to do it is look at the lights for a 5 x 5 stuff and it into a 4x4 if the dimensions fit. under led you want wall to wall light.

Hey everyone! Currently using a mars hydro light and I am wanting to upgrade to a bar style light for even coverage in my 4x4 tent. I’ve been seeing a lot of Vipar stuff on here and the plants look amazing but I’ve also seen the same thing with the mars lights. I want something with high quality, premium leds, that will output the best quality light for the plants. Lmk some suggestions
Thanks! :passitleft:
Imo the best bang for your growing buck in a 4x4 without going "overboard" (is there really such a thing? Lol nah, jk there is...) is the @Mars Hydro FC4800. This is my go-to bar light in my 4x4 and is currently at 25% over my summer grow.

My Cultiuana CT-720 is a beast but is reserved for winter grows because of the heat from all those watts along with the fact that I tend to grow more plants come winter and it's wall to wall coverage, literally.

Goldilocks would say the FC4800 is just right for 4-5 plants in a 4x4. (5 is that overboard that I wonder if it's really a thing cause I tend to do it more often than not-just gotta prune them to fit em-that light can handle em-all 5 if you want it)

@West Hippie runs ridiculous plants with @ViparSpectra @Roy Growin mentioned and swears by them and has fantastic results, always

the best bang for your growing buck in a 4x4 without going "overboard" (is there really such a thing? Lol nah, jk there is...) is the @Mars Hydro FC4800. This is my go-to bar light in my 4x4 and is currently at 25% over my summer grow.

My Cultiuana CT-720 is a beast but is reserved for winter grows because of the heat from all those watts along with the fact that I tend to grow more plants come winter and it's wall to wall coverage, literally.

Goldilocks would say the FC4800 is just right for 4-5 plants in a 4x4. (5 is that overboard that I wonder if it's really a thing cause I tend to do it more often than not-just gotta prune them to fit em-that light can handle em-all 5 if you want it)

@West Hippie runs ridiculous plants with @ViparSpectra @Roy Growin mentioned and swears by them and has fantastic results, always
Excellent advice from an Italian individual who knows her lighting and has reviewed more than a few. CL🍀. :thumb::bravo::welldone::adore:

Excellent advice from an Italian individual who knows her lighting and has reviewed more than a few. CL🍀. :thumb::bravo::welldone::adore:
You make me laugh every time Clover. See you on your thread this weekend, parents just left so I'm free to fly over here again!

Imo the best bang for your growing buck in a 4x4 without going "overboard" (is there really such a thing? Lol nah, jk there is...) is the @Mars Hydro FC4800. This is my go-to bar light in my 4x4 and is currently at 25% over my summer grow.

Do you have the one with the Samsung leds or the other version ? You have some beautiful plants! Everyone does that I’ve seen on here!
I was looking at the FC-E6500 but I’m not sure yet… if that’s overkill I’d settle for the 4800.
I do want something I can control from my phone through the app which I like from mars hydro. Especially since I just purchased their 6” smart exhaust fan setup.

Do you have the one with the Samsung leds or the other version ? You have some beautiful plants! Everyone does that I’ve seen on here!
I was looking at the FC-E6500 but I’m not sure yet… if that’s overkill I’d settle for the 4800.

one thing to note is the mars lights don't always ship the same as the description. drivers and emitters are often swapped out for other brands and types. especially if the light has been on the market longer than 6 months.

it's been an issue for a few members here.

I do want something I can control from my phone through the app which I like from mars hydro. Especially since I just purchased their 6” smart exhaust fan setup.
I love this site for all the beautiful plants! I have the Samsung diodes in mine, there is a newer model post mine but I could care less, this light really is perfect for my needs and my plants' needs. I have the smart exhaust as well, you will enjoy using it, super easy! As for controlling the light from your phone, I'm a hands on gal, I need to touch everything. I'm anti apps aside from of course my Photone App! The best thing I have ever done, downloaded that app to manage and monitor my PPFD throughout the entirety of the grow, has helped me in leaps and bounds! Good luck!!!

one thing to note is the mars lights don't always ship the same as the description. drivers and emitters are often swapped out for other brands and types. especially if the light has been on the market longer than 6 months.

it's been an issue for a few members here.
That’s sorta false advertising… 🤔
I love this site for all the beautiful plants! I have the Samsung diodes in mine, there is a newer model post mine but I could care less, this light really is perfect for my needs and my plants' needs. I have the smart exhaust as well, you will enjoy using it, super easy! As for controlling the light from your phone, I'm a hands on gal, I need to touch everything. I'm anti apps aside from of course my Photone App! The best thing I have ever done, downloaded that app to manage and monitor my PPFD throughout the entirety of the grow, has helped me in leaps and bounds! Good luck!!!
I seen the Samsung version then the bridgelux one… never heard of bridgelux.
I’ll probably go with a mars light just because of the smart fan hub and I can hook the light into that, but I mostly just want the capability of setting my timer up through that app and some of the automated dimming settings you can choose from depending on the stage of the plant.
I’ll have to check that app out! Never checked this. How does this work?

That’s sorta false advertising… 🤔

I seen the Samsung version then the bridgelux one… never heard of bridgelux.
I’ll probably go with a mars light just because of the smart fan hub and I can hook the light into that, but I mostly just want the capability of setting my timer up through that app and some of the automated dimming settings you can choose from depending on the stage of the plant.
Brigelux makes diodes as good as Samsung. I have never heard anyone complain using them. CL🍀. :thumb:

That’s sorta false advertising…

mars standard practice. they always start a new series with top bin components and then profit take on it with cheaper components later in the lifespan of the product. they've been called on it a number of times. get only the latest newest light if you can swing it.

don't buy an older series if you want samsung emitters and mean well drivers. even if the light is advertised as having them.

members here have bought 2 of the same lights and had them arrive in 2 completely different configurations. in practice it doesn't affect operation, but it can affect things like efficiency and lifespan of the rig.

mars also claims to have issues with counterfeiting. which is also likely but can be a convenient way to deflect the fact they often cheap out.

make sure to purchase through the board or a solidly approved vendor.

your telecom provider will have to have a data plan that matches what the app needs for it to work. double check that first. a 5g app won't work if you're on lesser, and a lesser app won't work if you are on 5g.

Back
Top Bottom