Aruba

Darkflame600

Does anybody know the legal status of weed in Aruba. I know its a dutch protectorate but i think they have different laws. Im not sure. i googled it and saw on another forum that its kind of like Jamaica but i want to know for sure if its legal or not. If it is that would be bad ass cause thats a hell of a lot closer than amsterdam.

This is all I could really find that seemed pertinent.

Cocaine, heroin, and marijuana are readily available in Aruba. Wholesale amounts of cocaine sell for from US$3,800 to US$4,500 per kilogram among drug traffickers; heroin sells for about US$23,000 per kilogram; and marijuana sells for about US$2,000 per kilogram. These low prices suggest a heavy flow of drugs into Aruba. According to Aruban statistics, an estimated 14 percent of Arubans regularly use illicit drugs. Aruba serves as one of two forward operating locations (FOLs) in the Caribbean for U.S. counterdrug aircraft. The FOL, located at Queen Beatrix Airport near Oranjestad, provides a landing and servicing area for counterdrug detection and monitoring missions in the region. The United States and Aruba do not have a formal maritime law enforcement agreement.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands, including Aruba, is party to the 1988 U.N. Drug Convention, a member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), and has an MLAT agreement with the United States. The United States—Netherlands extradition treaty of 1980 extends to the Government of Aruba, and provides for the extradition of nationals. Aruba also has criminal procedure code that allows for the extradition of Aruban nationals, subject to their serving any sentences imposed in Aruba. In addition, Aruba is a member of the CFATF.

Now.... I could be wrong here, but to me it sounds like its just like the U.S. wherein, people do drugs fairly regularly, but they are however, still illegal.

Thats just the vibe I got from this passage, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

hmmmm thats sort of what i thought. i just sort of hoped since it was associated with the Netherlands it would be legal or at least decriminalized. Oh well c'est la vie.

Back
Top Bottom