ASAP help bulb

cj5787

hi i am on my 2nd time growing last time i used 5 clf light but this time i would like to get more bud out the plant as i will be buy seeds what light set up should i think about thanks

hi sorry the room size is 5ft long by 3ft by 8ft high and just going to start of with the two plants :thumb:

In my opinion, the most production would come with a 400 watt HID light. That will give you a strong footprint of light to easily cover a 3x3 space. With this type of lighting and amount of space, I have done up to four plants with a 6-8 wk. veg. with very nice results. Although remember, only using two plants should fill that entire 3x3 space with similar results. Do not forget about cooling if switching to a MH/HPS light for the first time because a space the size you have in your plan will need a bit of temperature control.

I now use my 400 watt only for flowering in that same 3x3 space for a perpetual grow. I have one plant per square foot and flower as soon as my clones root, on a staggered schedule so I harvest one a week on average. I go for quality over quantity and always have more medicine than I need at any one time. I am a new member here, but have been growing for just over 11 years now. Feel free to fire away with any and all questions you may have. I will do all I can to help you!!

You can use the cfl for veg, or you can buy either a metal halide/hps switchable ballast which will allow you to change between the two bulbs or a MH conversion bulb for your HPS kit for veg. Strategically placed cfl will work for you, but with the metal halide you will get much better production in a shorter period of time. I currently use T5 flouro for my veg, works for me.

As far as the fan you are looking at, it does not state the cfm of the fan. Also remember, if odor in flowering is going to be a problem you will not be able to connect a carbon filter to this fan. I use the CAP valuline 6" fan in my space. I bought it for about $130 US. and it is a great fan and runs 24/7 on a speed controller and my space is similar to the size in your plan. My closet is 3x6x9 with me only using a 3x3 space within for maximum lighting of that area. Nothing fancy here, everything done on a spend as little as possible budget, but even at that it got a bit pricey. One you acquire all the proper tools for the job though you have them, thats it. Plus,this equipment more than pays for itself...

yes i know i just dont have the money to go and buy a 100 pound fan so was thinking makin a homemade one. i have a 2ft flouro tube would that be any good for veggin or what buld should i look at for veggin

Back
Top Bottom