New Grower here - Need some advice

PhantomGrower

My plant is a week old today. and its quite a tall plant. I believe im doing ok with it. but im using a 40 watt CLF light from my stove. I have a cabinet im gonna work on soon. but I need a lamp. im also thinking about using my over CLF light thats like 50W. and it emits like 100 or something. anyways. Im just looking for some advice on what kind of light set up I should get.

Re: New Grower here. Need some advice.

Click on Grow Room, then click on Grow Lighting. You`ll find lots of answers there from good, knowledgeable people. Little research should give you all the answers.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Hi PhantomGrower and welcome!

Great advice from yooper rex regarding reading in the grow room. There is an incredible wealth of information located within that section of the site.

Short answer with all lights is the more light the better almost without exception.

Heheh, hi TanR, looks like we're hanging in the same places!

Phantom, I'd suggest a clip on reflector from a hardware store, an extender socket, a Y-socket and two 42 watt CFLs. That'll get you a nice bright cool beam of strong light for your one plant. One reason your week-old plant is tall might be because it's not getting enough light.

Tulip's CFL thread should give you all the info you could ever need about growing with CFLs:
CFL Light Tutorial

THanks for all the advice so far. I read the growers lounge thing. i learned some new stuff haha. and the y socket with 2 42 watt bulbs is what i wanna set up soon. but for right now I only have a overhead light. that screws in the wall and its like a spot light. its actually pretty decent. I dont expect to harvest this plant. I honestly dont. I just wanna see it get a few feet tall with some nice leaves. all about trial and error. I did try growing once 2 years ago. it grew to like 2 feet. and then my friend killed it lol.

Anyways i really appreciate all the advice giving to me so far. I've learned many new things since i first started posting. I dont plan on growing to sell it and make a bunch of money :p just personal use.

IMG_20130626_154755.jpg
IMG_20130626_154050.jpg
IMG_20130626_145117.jpg
IMG_20130626_145059.jpg
IMG_20130626_145103.jpg
IMG_20130626_144103.jpg
IMG_20130626_145049.jpg
IMG_20130626_145109.jpg
Here are some photos . I need advice :p

You're doing fine, Phantom. Give 'em another week to fill out - they're doing just fine. If the soil was thoroughly soaked, be sure you don't water them any more - jus' leave 'em alone.

Some time in the next few days, when you see that the little one is established and growing, you should scoop it out of there and give it its own pot. Plants don't do all that well when they're together in one pot. One will crowd out the other - waste of time. You don't want to disturb the soil around the seedling, so you'll want to just dig your four fingers into the soil and scoop out a big portion. Have the other pot ready, and then carefully ease your scoop of soil into a depression you made in the pot. Fill and tamp down the dirt around it and it should be ok. I've done it. I rarely have any transplant issues - just gotta respect the roots.

YEah i have it in a seperate jug since few days ago. so its always been seperated since i was told to seperate. im going to buy a small plant pot today for it. should be able to hold it for a few weeks or a month. then i;ll buy a bigger pot. but what if the root pops out of the bottom? it did once like a week ago. i seen the tap root hang out where the access water comes out

The best cfls to use are generally the biggest ones you can find like any other bulb. I have had more luck with spiral cfl bulbs than tube bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom