How many CFLs do I need?

Hey bushy,
I see you have inquired about expected yield a couple times in this thread. Yield prediction is a tough one.
We could give a rough idea according to a perfect grow but everyone is different. You could even be using the same nutrients, under the same lights, growing the same strain but we could be light years away when it come to yield depending on our individual practices.
In my opinion the 250 watt HPS might produce a little more weight and provide slightly better penetration to ripen buds farther down the plant but the TS 1000 should give you better flavours, and terpenes due to the full spectrum.

When it comes to yield expectations the rule of thumb is 1 gram per watt of light being used. If you can achieve this you are doing something right.

Same

1st one has more watts from the wall

But I'd get the ts-1000

Yield is impossible to guess since yer a new grower...be happy with anything until you learn more about growing...just takes time and lots of reading

Same

1st one has more watts from the wall

But I'd get the ts-1000

Yield is impossible to guess since yer a new grower...be happy with anything until you learn more about growing...just takes time and lots of reading
what about the veg and flowering option, should i use both at all time?

Not sure on that

I always say more is better

But maybe someone will reply, my BLURPLE lights didn't have two switches

I have one that does. For seedlings I use it with just the veg switch. About 2 weeks in I turn on the bloom switch too. Granted that's for garden veggie/herb/fruit plants, but same diff.

It's more for having more light than the spectrum. With those cheap-ass shit lights you need all you can get.

I mean those lights aren't terrible, and there are some decent ones, BUT you absolutely cannot go by what they claim it will do. The one I have "claims" 1600W and flowering like a 5x5 area. Uh, no. It might do a 2.5x2.5 area, but that's about the extent of it. In the right space they can work, but you really need to figure up the watts it's pulling from the wall, and then go with about 50w per sqaure foot. I'd even go maybe 60w/sqft as to compensate for the fans and such.

For your space OP, something around 200w (from the wall) should be ok. Go by that, not by "Replaces a 600w MH" or any of that bull. Look at the actual draw, and then go from there.

i'm growing some weed in a tent i recently bought. i'm currently using 6 40w clf. how many more do i need for 3-5 autoflowering plants? i have 40 euros of budget left. except for buying more clf, i can get those for free from a friend. but most i could fit is probably 2-4 more at best.

is there anything better i could do with the budget i have left? i know it's little but i'm broke, so don't tell me how much growing leds are better. i know very well. but i can't afford 150 euros of lights right now. i want to finish this grow and get some weed.
for 500 watters in veg (6500K_ and flower 2400K , 2700k) ARE SELF BALLAST look at "1,000 bulbs.com)

got this one guys, how big do you think my pots should be? (tent is 70x70cm ish. i have 4 seedlings)

also quck question, one of the seedlings was dug up by a bird. i found it outside the pot, so i just put it back in. (happen 5 days ago) now it's looking healty but it has some catching up to do compared to the Others. should i just throw it away considering it's an auto? i heard that recovering autos is not possible without impacting yield a lot.

Attachments

• 2019-10-13 00_20_38-2019-10-13 00_20_01-Lampada Coltivazione, TOPLANET 600W Grow Led UV IR Ful...png
    2019-10-13 00_20_38-2019-10-13 00_20_01-Lampada Coltivazione, TOPLANET 600W Grow Led UV IR Ful...png
    645.8 KB · Views: 56
anyone knows if i should Always keep all lights on? or should i only use veg/bloom?

Attachments

• 2019-10-13 10_39_28-Lampada Coltivazione, TOPLANET 600W Grow Led UV IR Full Spectrum Luci per ...png
    2019-10-13 10_39_28-Lampada Coltivazione, TOPLANET 600W Grow Led UV IR Full Spectrum Luci per ...png
    345.2 KB · Views: 61
I ran burple for a while till I switched to unit farm grow bar which mars hydro has the same light different chips I currently run 2 tents one with the unit farm bar and one with mars sp 250 I do 5 autos in a 2x4x5 tent and pull between 12-14 ounces

Attachments

• 3B31A28C-2F1C-4AB3-8EE6-06D2CFEEA582.jpeg
    3B31A28C-2F1C-4AB3-8EE6-06D2CFEEA582.jpeg
    903.9 KB · Views: 59
  • C3FBD5E3-002C-4872-9D0C-C5142232EC15.jpeg
    C3FBD5E3-002C-4872-9D0C-C5142232EC15.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 53
I ran burple for a while till I switched to unit farm grow bar which mars hydro has the same light different chips I currently run 2 tents one with the unit farm bar and one with mars sp 250 I do 5 autos in a 2x4x5 tent and pull between 12-14 ounces
is cutting Leaves good for bigger buds? i see ur buds are massive

anyone knows if i should Always keep all lights on? or should i only use veg/bloom?

I would run "Veg" only from sprout through week 2. Then turn on the bloom and run both switches on until the end.

that early? it seems really bright to me even when only using veg?

Believe me, it's really not that bright to the plants.

I'd say both from the start, but that week or two with just the veg switch should provide more blue. That's good initially for things like node spacing, etc. With autos their veg cycle is short, so waiting no more than 2 weeks before adding the other switch (yes, run both at the same time from then on out) should be just right for spectrum.

I highly recommend the thread on the life cycle of an auto. It's an excellent read.

Believe me, it's really not that bright to the plants.

I'd say both from the start, but that week or two with just the veg switch should provide more blue. That's good initially for things like node spacing, etc. With autos their veg cycle is short, so waiting no more than 2 weeks before adding the other switch (yes, run both at the same time from then on out) should be just right for spectrum.

I highly recommend the thread on the life cycle of an auto. It's an excellent read.

i see, if i post pics, are you guys able to tell me if my weed is at the right size for it's age? just wanna make sure i'm doing everything right. this is my second auto grow. and the first one turned out to be a disaster. and i only harvested 10g, on the other hand, when i grew a femminized one. it was MASSIVE. because even if i fucked up it had plenty of time to recover.

i'm actually not using it as of now, because i can't put it up yet for 2 more days (personal reasons) is it ok if i leave my seedlings under 2 20W leds? should be equivalent to 160w each

Back
Top Bottom