CFL Lighting

It's all encrypted just don't use your real name or show pics of your block. Lol
Yeah and be aware of any licence plates or addresses on mail etc

Well after doing research I'm still left in the dark. I can't run any expensive Lighting Set up and can't afford to struggle with heat management, so I have to go CFL.
I can't seem to find the specs I need to work out exactly how much Lumen they release. I have a space 120 x 120 x 200 and would like to grow x4 plants. Could anyone tell me how many dual spectrum CLF lamps I will need? Thanks in advance. Please I don't need all the specs I know you know your s#@t that's why I'm asking. The lamen answer please.

I'm gonna do my best to answer your question, though, you may not find it totally satisfying because the truth is, it will depend on how large you intend on growing your plants, but I would suggest, if using CFL's, you'll pretty much be forced to keep them small or spend more money on CFL's (and ultimately, cooling) than you would on a cheap, but effective light.

For whatever it's worth, I have a pack of 100w equivalent CFL's that each draw 23 actual watts from the wall and put out 1,600 lumens. While the CFL's are fine for veg (you'll still need to keep them close to the plants!), once you get into flower, they just aren't powerful enough to penetrate into the canopy more than a couple inches and you'll end up with all loose buds for top colas and nothing but popcorn below that unless you had the whole plant surrounded by CFL's that were within a foot, or so, away. I'd estimate you'd need something like 30-50 CFL's to cover that space effectively and have no clue how you'd even mount them.

There are some less expensive alternatives that will give you much better buds.

You may want to check with @SmokeSara with Mars Hydro. They have some very good, and inexpensive LED's and they are running a big, limited, sale this month. If that doesn't work for you, you can see if they possibly have an older model or a user/trade-in that they can let go at a discount (or possibly another member with an extra/old light?).

If that's still not feasible, and you're worried about the cooling requirements and bulb replacements of an HPS or CMH, then I'd just go with some fluorescent shop-type lighting with some cool (3000k'ish) bulbs for veg and warm (6500k'ish) bulbs for flower.

Some of those fluorescent fixtures have 2, 4, or even 8 (or more?) bulbs. I'd get as many/big as you can comfortably afford and fit into that space.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

You should honestly check out mars hydro line up plus customer support here all 24 /7 she offers @SmokeSara
Thanks Kingjoe83 to remind me up here.:thanks: I will check what I can help with. :)

Hi Teddy, I see you are checking with CFL, but we do led grow lights only.:green_heart: If you are interested, we have several kind can meet your grow size. Reflector, Mars II, and Mars Pro II,depend on your budget and growing needs. And you can find many feedback on 420 here ;) Let me know if I can help something with.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom