aspirin?

ozone1000

my mom told me aspirin does a wonderful job of making cannabis really strong. She said it was an old school way to make your weed really strong. Is there any truth to this?

I've never heard of this. I used to hear the rumor that smoking a Newport cigarette after smoking Cannabis intensified the high, which I don't think is accurate either.

The only information about Aspirin/Cannabis that I've recently read was that there is some evidence that it can prevent the short term memory loss associated with Cannabis use while medicated.

Quick research suggests that using blood thinners is actually used by those who consume alcohol to get drunk and drink less. So scientifically it sounds plausible.

Realistically? It's a blood thinner, and some suggestions I see on the dosage required are insane. I'd prefer to skip the liver damage, skip the stomach ulcers, skip the thinned blood (Which can cause problems for your heart) and I'd just get my hands on a better strain.

EDIT: Something else to consider, the THC levels in Cannabis back then were much lower than they are today. I don't think you'll need to take any unnecessary risks to increase the effects of Cannabis to receive the desired effects.

not what i meant lol she said putting an aspirin in the soil would make the cannabis much stronger but over all just wondering

ahh ok I gotcha now. Well from what I've been able to read online, a bunch of gardeners use it, and some suggest it's a natural rooting hormone, which could cause the plant to grow bigger/longer roots, which can absorb more water/oxygen/nutrients, and if given enough light, I definitely think it could work.

I might have to give it a try some time.

Just to add some more information I've found about using aspirin, and keep in mind this information is taken from a discussion about using aspirin as a rooting hormone substitute.

It contains salicylic acid, BUT it's missing rhizocaline. The Salicylic acid helps prevent plants from growing a callous over a cut wound, and helps the flow of fluids by acting as an anti-coagulant. The rhizocaline is responsible for promoting the root growth.

It seems to me that the most beneficial properties would be the anti-coagulant, and that the aspirin could help lower PH (assuming the PH of the soil is higher than the optimum 6.5). If you're working with soil that's already holding a stable PH of 6.5 I wouldn't personally use the aspirin.

I did a little testing last night, and it appears that 6 aspirin (325mg tablets) to 1 gallon of water will bring the PH down to 6-6.2

PH was measured again this morning after agitating the water, and it was still sitting at 6.2ish on my crappy meter.

Now on the same topic, you can use willow bark as a substitute for the rooting hormone. Just take some bark, or small branches, cut it up into small pieces, soak them in water overnight, and you'll have a decent rooting hormone.

wow you are so much smarter than me lol but thanks for the info i found another product called my core we used to us it on new trees to help them root im looking into it now you might wanna do the same seines your so much more intelligent on these matters hope this info helps its from an old hippy that owns a native nerserey i know i misspelled that that up lol but im sure you get it the my core promotes root growth so give it a look but if it help spread the word have fun growing :)

I wouldn't say smarter. I just read a lot lol. Whenever I have a question, even questions like this about the aspirin, I go on a major google search to find some answers, and in doing so the side effect is learning a few things.

I'm currently using a product from Schultz for my cloning projects in the garden, and I have 8 hawthorne trees being cloned now.

I can find no results for "my core", maybe you have the name wrong?

its a root hormone that really kicks a plant in the butt ox we used it on baby trees and woody plants i might have spelled it wrong tho

my ex boss called it mycore it came im a little pack that you would put in with the plant when you planted but i dont know the brand name well open and shake it in

Back
Top Bottom