Assistance with new lights

Nedhead

Yesterday I changed to a better led light. Today I am seeing some slight curling at the tips. Would it be accurate to interpret this as the light being to low? It was set at a foot from the tops of the plants and it is a 900 watt phlizon led light. To be safe while waiting to see what you guys thought I moved the light to 18”. Pics below. Thx All. I am so grateful for everyone’s input so far. I’ve learned something everyday I drop in here. :)
1B5B1E17-F874-4E9E-B779-BC19705B4C8B.jpeg
1ED455EB-FFA3-48E1-883E-106A83556BC5.jpeg

Led usually around 24" early in veg, maybe 18" if they like it, never at 12".
I've had mine at 12" in late flower due to space issues and they where not very happy

Oh oh! All of a sudden plants leaves are droopy. Is this possibly a delayed reaction to the new lights being too close? I’ve moved them to 18” but before that they were about 8”. The new light was set up about 28 hours ago.
40B6611A-AF5E-4F97-B86C-61C1DAA944C2.jpeg
86F74A4C-AD59-4E63-A80B-3BA68E67CA60.jpeg

Always start high and work your way down to the plants. Start at 24" as suggested. One good way to see is to hold your hand at the top of the canopy. If your had gets uncomfortable so will the plants.

I think it was a combo of two things. Lights too close and she was thirsty. The one plant in particular has drank a lot more this last week. Things look much better this morning. The two plants are definitely drinking at different rates now so the days of feeding them together are over I think. Funny how you get to know each one as they grow.

Yesterday I changed to a better led light. Today I am seeing some slight curling at the tips. Would it be accurate to interpret this as the light being to low? It was set at a foot from the tops of the plants and it is a 900 watt phlizon led light. To be safe while waiting to see what you guys thought I moved the light to 18”. Pics below. Thx All. I am so grateful for everyone’s input so far. I’ve learned something everyday I drop in here. :)
1B5B1E17-F874-4E9E-B779-BC19705B4C8B.jpeg
1ED455EB-FFA3-48E1-883E-106A83556BC5.jpeg
900w is really powerful. Is that just fir 1 plant? Just curious, btw what's the actual draw if that light? Like everyone else has said already start at like 24" and work toward the plant. You would never ever get 8" close. Especially with 900 Watts! The closest you should get is 18" ever. Keep your hand under that light at 8" or even 12" for a few and if your hand starts getting burnt, your plants will too. Sounds like you got a kick ass light!! Can you post some pics of it please?

900w is really powerful. Is that just fir 1 plant? Just curious, btw what's the actual draw if that light? Like everyone else has said already start at like 24" and work toward the plant. You would never ever get 8" close. Especially with 900 Watts! The closest you should get is 18" ever. Keep your hand under that light at 8" or even 12" for a few and if your hand starts getting burnt, your plants will too. Sounds like you got a kick ass light!! Can you post some pics of it please?

I can post pics tomorrow when we get back in town. Not sure what the actual draw is. Sorry. I seem to be back on track though at 20” thankfully.

I can post pics tomorrow when we get back in town. Not sure what the actual draw is. Sorry. I seem to be back on track though at 20” thankfully.
You may need to stay at 20" with that beast until you check actual draw and maybe when in flower if necessary you can drop lower, but if you don't need to, DON'T!! The most important thing to remember throughout all thsinis to listen to your lady friend and give her what she needs, you can't force a plant to be bigger that it's supposed to be before it's supposed to be. Time takes time.

Hey there. This is the light.
580BDB6B-C0EC-406A-996E-6A99AF6B28CA.jpeg
49230549-FF98-4510-BFA9-32B92E3D6245.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom