Atwater Couple Arrested; Husband Kills Himself After Posting Bond

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
OH - Shortly after posting bond at the Portage County Jail and arriving home Tuesday, Robert W. Batsch, 55, of 2808 New Milford Road, put a .22-caliber rifle to his chest and took his own life, according to Dave Doak, the Portage County Sheriff. He was found in the woods, behind the New Milford Road residence shortly after noon.

Batsch and his wife, Pamela J. Batsch, 54, were arrested earlier in the week, charged with “endangering children” when authorities found a small marijuana growing operation in the basement of the Atwater home, where the couple lived with a juvenile.

Portage County court records only show one other criminal violation against Batsch, a speeding ticket he received in 2004. According to reports, if convicted of the pending charge, the maximum sentence if he was found guilty of the charges was one to 5 years in prison.

Batsch was pronounced dead at the scene at 2 p.m. according to the Portage County Coroner’s Office. Sheriff Doak told E-Portage that he believes it is a suicide and he does not think any foul play was involved.

At the time of this article, Pamela Batsch was still scheduled for a preliminary hearing on her charges on Friday.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: e-portage.us
Copyright: 2010 Sound Stage Entertainment, Ltd.
Contact: Portage County Ohio Breaking News, Government and Local Information in Portage County, OH, Ravenna, Kent, Streetsboro, Aurora, Tallmadge and more...
Website: E-Portage News: Atwater Couple Arrested; Husband Kills Himself After Posting Bond

This truly is a sad article..How many more lives will it take?? Just where is the "true" justice in this?? I am appalled. What more need i say? This rip is for you Bob, R I P Bro.. :roorrip:

This is a tragedy for the entire community a life lost, a father, a husband, a son, and a brother gone all because of some marijuana in the basement. My condolences goes out to the friends and family.

Any and every loss of life is a tragedy. Ugggh, this is a rough one. :rip: Robert Batsch.

Back
Top Bottom