Authorities Bust Cheech And Chong Fans In Aussie Tour

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Cheech and Chong fans be warned, authorities aren't seeing the funny side of wacky weed, busting several fans for cannibis possession interstate.

The irreverant US comedians and hippie culture advocates Cheech and Chong's Sydney stand-up show was the target of a police drug operation.

The '70s stoners, who are part-way through their Cheech and Chong Light Up Australia tour, had to delay the start of their show at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney's Newtown on Wednesday, while police carried out the search with sniffer dogs.

About 25 police and four drug dogs were involved.

A New South Wales Police spokeswoman confirmed the drug operation was conducted in an area that included a nearby railway station and licensed premises near the theatre.

About 50 people were searched and six people were caught in possession of small amounts of cannabis.

The six were issued with caution notices. They were not fined nor charged.

Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong arrive in Melbourne today and will perform at the Palais Theatre tonight and tomorrow.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Herald Sun (Australia)
Copyright: 2009 Herald and Weekly Times
Website: Herald Sun Homepage | Victoria, National & Australian News | Herald Sun

About 50 people were searched and six people were caught in possession of small amounts of cannabis.
i've got to admit that i'm somewhat disappointed in the fans. no, not the six who where holding, the 44 who weren't.

I guess the other 44 fans got there BEFORE they got there.

Back
Top Bottom