Auto Flower OutDoor Got Pollinated

HeartWW

Terrible or not? Here is my question. If my Feminized Haze Auto got pollinated growing outdoor and is currently growing seeds, What happens to the quality? Does it make the quality worse? Doesn't matter? I've had good bud that had seeds but I am used to indoor no seed grows. It wasn't due to hermie, it was feral weed that grows all over where I live.. I try to kill it off but it's everywhere. Any input would be appreciated.

You can smoke it fine. You can smoke the seeds, they won't make you sterile (old myth when I was a young).

The only difference, is that it isn't Sensimilllla. Sensimilla is created by a female plant seeking to be pollinated. She will throw out more pistils, more trichomes etc.. trying to catch some pollen. It's like a survival instinct I guess.

Once fertilized, she's not going to try as hard to get fertilized, thus reducing the number of pistils, trichomes etc..

I've smoked both, and Sensimilla smokes the same as Cannabis with seeds. It may be a little less potent, but the advantage is that you have seeds to plant in the future. So for me, it makes up for it.

Sadly, The father is an old farm hemp plant that is considered ditch weed. the Hemp females are auto flower and produce huge colas. Just no THC.. I'm hoping this wont completely ruin my girls..

It won't completely ruin them, regardless what strain fertilized them. What I said above still applies. The only thing that changes, is that any resulting seeds could possibly (or most likely) have reduced potency when/if grown. I'm new to plant genetics, but if its anything like humans, the dominant traits become traits seen in offspring (or seeds in this case) and recessive traits can be lost to less desireable dominant traits of the new seeds.

In a situation like this, I wouldn't spend too much time growing them, but I'd still take a little time to plant the seeds, and get them started outdoors to see if you get any females, and if any bud produced is worth while. It still might be worth a harvest just to make some hash, oil, etc.. At least that's what I'd do in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom