Auto flowers and CFLs

Cmitch55

Hey all Cmitch here with another question to ask. I have an Auto Blue Mystic seed that I am very eager to start growing...The light source that I have at my disposal currently are CFl Lights. I have a bunch of them some blue spectrum and some red spectrum. My question is what is the best assortment of lights. I know auto varieties begin flower around 20-30 days after they have sprouted. Should I start using the veg bulbs until I see flowers or should I use both veg and bloom from the start. I have yet to grow an auto so it will be a learning experience to say the least. I would like to yield an oz off this one plant so knowing what lighting to use will help. Thanks for any input :cheer::Namaste:
~Cmitch

hi cmitch i would keep it at 24/7 (blue 45 days) then 16/8 red until harvest for 50 to 60 days. no 12/12. if its an auto. 6500k and 2700k is what id do from the start if i was using cfls. and keep them close to the bulb. i grew short rider this way and had very good yeild. they said 60 days till harvest. that not true. like 97 days is more like it. i got 22 gms per plant average. if you do autos do alot.

hi cmitch i would keep it at 24/7 (blue 45 days) then 16/8 red until harvest for 50 to 60 days. no 12/12. if its an auto. 6500k and 2700k is what id do from the start if i was using cfls. and keep them close to the bulb. i grew short rider this way and had very good yeild. they said 60 days till harvest. that not true. like 97 days is more like it. i got 22 gms per plant average. if you do autos do alot.

What did you think of the smoke from Short Ryder? Ran mine 18/6 for 5 weeks and dropped them to 12/12 because I needed to start flowering non-auto's. They seem to be growing fine under the 12/12.

I agree, the 60 day figure is kind of bunk. Maybe 60 day in hydro, who knows.

Depends if you're using one big CFL or loads of little ones. If you got quite a few of them then you can use mainly blue (6500k) with a couple of red (2700) bulbs, then switch to mainly red with a couple blue for flowering.
If you got just one big CFL of each colour it will be fine just to swap the blue to the red when pistils first appear.
Yeah you don't need to switch to 12/12.

i really like short rider a lemon skunky weed. its make me very happy. its happy weed. more on the sativa side. with a non drowsy effect. good for anxiety and depression. i plant 2 a week and harvest a week. nirvana seeds never disapoints.

Sully - Riddle me this.. I have a Dealzer Cash Crop (6 spots;24" tall.) I have 3 Shwags growing at about 3 1/2 weeks; a Lowryder II auto-fem about 1" tall and an AutoBerry Fem. I have both sets of lights and am currently running 20/4... In the info provided by Dealzer® it reads as if I may not need the 2700.. Should I just wait for the others? Or do I punt?

Sully - Riddle me this.. I have a Dealzer Cash Crop (6 spots;24" tall.) I have 3 Shwags growing at about 3 1/2 weeks; a Lowryder II auto-fem about 1" tall and an AutoBerry Fem. I have both sets of lights and am currently running 20/4... In the info provided by Dealzer® it reads as if I may not need the 2700.. Should I just wait for the others? Or do I punt?[/Q

id use 6500k then 2100k hps or 2700k or 6500k, 4100k, 2700k and hps. lumens are more important. alot of light alot of air/ fan and just enought nutes. folair until flowering.:peace:

Sully - Riddle me this.. I have a Dealzer Cash Crop (6 spots;24" tall.) I have 3 Shwags growing at about 3 1/2 weeks; a Lowryder II auto-fem about 1" tall and an AutoBerry Fem. I have both sets of lights and am currently running 20/4... In the info provided by Dealzer® it reads as if I may not need the 2700.. Should I just wait for the others? Or do I punt?[/Q

go to 16/ 8, after 20 /4. 66% light and 33% darkness is perfect. w/ autos i found that when using cfls 6500k is good for first 5 to 6 weeks. then switching over to 2700k. or as i use a 2100k 400w hps. but still on 16/8. for total of 90 days avg.

Back
Top Bottom