Auto Flowering Plants & Lighting Choices

geekest1

420 Member
So I grew my first auto flowering plant. Lambs Breath and pleased with both the result (good weed) and the process (a little simpler).
Since then I have found I might have achieved better results had I used a 24 hour schedule keeping lights on through out. Given the understanding that auto flowering occurs without modifying the light schedule to accommodate a vegetative vs flowering I have a question. When switching from vegetative to flowering on a regular plant there is also an adjustment in color. i.e. kelvin from predominately the blue range (high) to include more red (lower range). How does that play out on an auto flowering plant?

Thanks!

So I grew my first auto flowering plant. Lambs Breath and pleased with both the result (good weed) and the process (a little simpler). Since then I have found I might have achieved better results had I used a 24 hour schedule keeping lights on through out. Given the understanding that auto flowering occurs without modifying the light schedule to accommodate a vegetative vs flowering I have a question. When switching from vegetative to flowering on a regular plant there is also an adjustment in color. i.e. kelvin from predominately the blue range (high) to include more red (lower range). How does that play out on an auto flowering plant?
Most people run their autos between 18/6 and 24/0. It is a preference based on your budget and belief that more light = better plants. I run 18/6 because I have tried 20/4 and bot seen a huge difference...equally, I believe that all living things need a rest and there is data out there that says the dark period is as beneficial to the growth of plants as light. Nice thing about running an auto light schedule is that you can rotate in new plants as others get harvested (perpetual). :)

I also believe they need a little rest at the end of a hard day of photosynthesizing-
They always look happiest in the morning.

*Those are some impressive (and beautiful ) plants,Blew

Have you thought about photo of the month? Definitely a contender right there:goodjob:

Sorry,@geekest1,forgot to welcome you to 420!

And sorry for hijacking your thread:sorry:

Welcome Geekest, I run autos on 20/4 these days but it is a personal thing like already mentioned. Here's a link to help get you started.

Thanks for the reply Blew, and the welcomes.

I have to agree with the others admiring your plants, they look luscious!
So I get it with the hours. I think I will change my strategy to provide an hour and a half rest . Makes sense to me.
However, my question was regarding the color temperature of the light.

"Given the understanding that auto flowering occurs without modifying the light schedule to accommodate a vegetative vs flowering I have a question. When switching from vegetative to flowering on a regular plant there is also an adjustment in color. i.e. kelvin from predominately the blue range (high) to include more red (lower range). How does that play out on an auto flowering plant"?

Thanks
Rick

"Given the understanding that auto flowering occurs without modifying the light schedule to accommodate a vegetative vs flowering I have a question. When switching from vegetative to flowering on a regular plant there is also an adjustment in color. i.e. kelvin from predominately the blue range (high) to include more red (lower range). How does that play out on an auto flowering plant"?
Person for that question is @PurpleGunRack

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom