Auto on slow motion

clever

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a slow growing auto. Its AK Auto from Grass o matic, I'm on day 60 on a strain that they say 70-75. These are nowhere near ready. and yes it said from seed germ. look at the photos, day 60. Its not due to lights either their under an adjust a wing 600 hps.The cycle is 20/4 tell me what you think, am I jumping the gun. peace

I forgot the photo's,Damn the meds.
IMG_000572.JPG
IMG_000475.JPG
IMG_000164.JPG
IMG_000272.JPG

No this strain performes best at a constant 20/4 throughout the entire grow. Auto's will flower under any cycle, breeders usually let you know whats up. If you go to attitude or single seed and check out the auto fowering link. It describes each auto including light cycles. Thanks for your thoughts. Peace

I have had good luck with a few auto grows but just recently I have had some bad luck. Seeds just sprouting and then dying :( I have on in day 60 + and it is only 4 inches high. Not at all like the other grows. Looks like I will be up the creek for a while since things did not pan out as I had expected. ( lesson here is to keep multiple plants growing all the time).

I found that multiple strains really work for me, all together I have 17 strains going, only 2 are auto's AK and northern lights x sweet tooth, I try to start a new strain once a week, L start with 5 each, and usually end up with 3 or 4 that make it, if I don't harvest soon I'll be out of room. It's nice to have so many options, plus I don't build a tolerence by smoking the same strain, if I smoke the same for more than a week it does'nt seem as strong by the end of the week. keeping up with each strains feeding is one downside, all strains act differently when it comes to feeding, some love a good feeding, some can't handle it.

Good point with keeping multiple strains going at the same time, especially with autos. I'm not even sure why their genetics are still unstable, they've been going around for a while now! Anyway, that being said, yes their genetics are very unstable, I've had same genetics grow completely different phenos. All in all most gave an oz or a little under and oz, with a couple of exceptions of a 2oz yielder, and an 8-10 gram yielder. I guess they made up for each other so I really ended up averaging an oz/plant. I'd be punching babies if I was only growing one or two and they came out as 8g yielders. But you don't mind it much if you have other girls producing well :).
One thing I'd like to add because this is a recent conclusion I came to: Give them light, don't do 12/12, don't do GLR, just give them 18 or 20 hours of light per day for their entire life. I know it's been said and told hundreds of times, but I would just like to reconfirm that from first hand experience, very little variables except for the photoperiod, autos under 20/4 outperformed autos under GLR. The difference is noticeable, and worth going for 20/4, unless you really need GLR or 12/12. In that case your autos will adapt to the little light time. They won't produce much, but they'll do their thing and give our some good bud. Which is why I love them :thumb: very flexible.
This is my two humble inexperienced tokes on the subject. Take it easy on the nutes, cheers, and keep it growin :grinjoint:

I know what you mean I veg my plants 20/4, just so I can run auto's with veg, then I don't have to have an auto set up

Different strains is an excellent suggestion. I also agree with the tolerance thing of smoking the same thing too often. Someday I will get this thing down pat, I hope!

and check this out, I found a killer strain, it is a limited edition G-13 promo seeds. this is northern lights x sweet tooth auto. It sucks no cloning cause its an auto, limited addition so no buying it. I got 1. its just going into flower and its bigger than any auto I've geown, only difference is, I accidently topped it, I got mixed up, because my auto's grow with my veggy's. she's at day 36
IMG_002637.JPG
IMG_002841.JPG
IMG_002739.JPG

Back
Top Bottom