Autoflower not autoflowering

CB2O

420 Member
So I have this FastBuds Purple Punch Auto, it's 37 days now since germination, and there is not a single pre-flower to be found. Otherwise it's very lush and healthy. Usually I see them at about 28 days or so.

So I flipped it to 12/12 today. My question is do these "non-auto" autos flower now in the normal auto timeframe, like 6-7 weeks, or will it now take the longer time of a photo period plant? Thanks!

So I have this FastBuds Purple Punch Auto, it's 37 days now since germination, and there is not a single pre-flower to be found. Otherwise it's very lush and healthy. Usually I see them at about 28 days or so.

It may not be an autoflower at all if it hasn't started flowering yet. I got some freebie White Widow x Big Bud seeds that were labelled autoflower but mine hadn't started flowering yet at around the same age as yours so someone suggested the seeds were mislabeled and were actually photoperiod. And, that's what they turned out to be. I just harvested them last weekend. If they had been autos, they were supposed to be done in September.

Although, that said, I did grow a Blueberry auto that didn't go into flower until Day 47 so some are just slower.

So I flipped it to 12/12 today. My question is do these "non-auto" autos flower now in the normal auto timeframe, like 6-7 weeks, or will it now take the longer time of a photo period plant? Thanks!

As far as I know, flipping an autoflower to 12/12 doesn't trigger flower the way it does a photo plant. My autoflowers average 87 days from seed to harvest.

Well, I got one answer from them that said not to go 12/12 because it wouldn't get the plant flowering as it is an auto.

However today at day 38 I spotted the first pre-flowers so maybe all will be good :)

Well, I got one answer from them that said not to go 12/12 because it wouldn't get the plant flowering as it is an auto.

However today at day 38 I spotted the first pre-flowers so maybe all will be good :)
that means that 12/12 can be an option for autos too? 😲

I dunno really, as I already flipped it but it was only for a couple of days before it started showing.

Since lighting doesn't matter to an autoflower, you can set it for anything you like. Personally, I usually grow autos with photos so I just change their light schedule to the same one as the photoperiod plants.

All the autoflowers iv ever run have flowerrd by day 30 I run my lights 24/7 on them all start to finish normally took 70-110days sativa took the longest indica Dom autos always finished up by day 70 -80 within ten days.difference sativa was little different during preflower tho showd pistols by day 30 lateist day 31 mabey its a fast plant instead of an auto flower just mabey was misunderstood 🤷🌝

Back
Top Bottom