Avid gardeners, sometime "grower"

norman

Hey there-

I got to lurking here a few months back while researching LED lighting systems (props to stevehman and others for their great efforts). I think I have lots to learn still about MJ growing but I have been growing lots of other stuff annually for myself and my family to eat. I have undergrad and post-graduate training in plant biology and molecular biology. I'm a big fan of permaculture strategies, despite living in a suburb with a lawn. I'm trying to get off of chemical inputs in general for my plants, be they grass or be they grass ;)

I think that it is generally important to reduce the amount of energy used to grow plants- I recall some article in the WSJ or such noting that a gram of buds means ~10 grams of CO2 emission due to lights, fans, chemicals, plastics, etc., for their cultivation. Of course a good chunk of this is due to its legal status, so requiring clandestine cultivation. People that have grown both ways know that the sun plus real dirt works far better (and cheaper) than any indoor lights plus hydro nutes.

Cheers,

:peace:
N

Welcome Norman, you'll find endless amounts of information here to help you grow the best possible medicine and with all of the training you have in biology, I expect that you'll be posting a lot yourself.

Back
Top Bottom