Bacillus thuringiensis

Newfun

Anyone have a scientific mind. Or a way to test this idea out. I know that those pesky caterpillars the attack buds (some type that attack broccoli and cauliflower) will be trouble. Already got Safer Bt dust and did first treatment since they were munching. Doing well now but at bud time it will be a battle.
So I was thinking can I take the dust, soak it in room temp milk, strain and freeze. Defrost and culture like you do yogurt and still retain the Bt?

This will be easier and probably safer to handle. I have used this to eliminate the dreaded tomato worms that always infested my outdoor tomatoes. Good idea though... you just dont need to specifically culture that one bacillus... this lacto tribe will do you fine.
:morenutes:

Thank you. I am trying to go as natural as possible outside. The indoor is easier to control. Just as easy to make mistakes lol. I will use this instead. That makes me feel better about possible residue on the buds. Safer Bt may be ok as it is but burning and inhaling or concentrating for oil scares the bajeegas out of me.

Back
Top Bottom