Back in the game

luv2tasteit

Good day all, I have been looking at all the info on this site after stumbling upon it the other day (isn't the internet a wonderfull thing) so I thought it would be a good thing to sign up. To start off I have been an avid grower (outside only) for over 20 years and have had great sucsess exept for a couple of rip offs but now that the kids are gone I thought I would take my hobby inside and have decided to go with the Deep Water Culture method. As of now I am just getting equipment needed. I have got 2 125 watt full spectrum cfl's 2 large tubs a big air pump and general hydro 3 part nutrients I am going to exhast out to the roof sewer stack. What I woul like to know is what else will I need, how many plants can I grow in each tub ( the tubs are aprox. 12 wide x 16 long x 16 deep and can I use rain water for my mix. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I do have a kush mother waiting to be cut for clones and a friend of mine has a diesel that has been budding for 3 weeks that I am going to take off his hands, can I put that plant back into veg to use for cuttings.

Thanks

hey luv2taste,
let me start by saying great choice by going with Deep Water Culture. you wont be disappointed.I grow in a 5 gal bucket so im not sure how many plants to squeeze in those tubs but id say go with 2 in each to be safe. you also need a couple of 12" airstones. the more bubbles the better.Youll need some netpots. which are pretty cheap from most grow stores. youll need a ph meter. i try to keep my ph in the range of 5.7-6.3. tds meter which measures nute strength. and youll need an air temp/ humidity meter also.And a lil occilating fan down near the plants to keep the air moving.try to keep your humitity around 45-50% the lesser for budding.well i guess thats all i can think of for now. any more questions let us know. i'll keep checkin in.... good luck

Thanks for the info. I will go purchase the needed items as soon as possible and I may also post progress with pictures but I am a little worried about the MAN being able to track me down.

Check the Roseman grow info and many of the others. One of these days Roseman is going to bring his old thread on another site to this one. It has ALL the info you need. There are many people that can help.

Net pots for sure. PH Strips if you are low on funds. Lights. 10,000 lumens per square foot of grow space is your optimum amount of light. 5,000 kelvin (color of light) to 6500 to veg and then down to 2500 to 3000 kelvins to bloom/harvest.
The more bubble the better. Keep your root area dark so as not to creat alge
PH as low as 5.5 and no higher than 6.8. Be gentle on raising or lowwer your Ph. And don't be too anal about it. Just get it in that zone- 6.0 is cool for me. But up a bit and certain nutes become available so too lower.

The better the space between the plants the happier they will be. Cloce when small and being able to sepreate them as they get big is a plus.

You will learn all this and more as you read differnt posts. Butthat is the basics.
MostlyCrazy, PurpDaddy and Roseman I know grow very well but so too many other I have yet to meet as well.
Justin

I wouldnt worry too much. i mean i worry also but there is alot of us here . hopefully they dont care about a plant or two

Good day all, I have been looking at all the info on this site after stumbling upon it the other day (isn't the internet a wonderfull thing) so I thought it would be a good thing to sign up. To start off I have been an avid grower (outside only) for over 20 years and have had great sucsess exept for a couple of rip offs but now that the kids are gone I thought I would take my hobby inside and have decided to go with the Deep Water Culture method. As of now I am just getting equipment needed. I have got 2 125 watt full spectrum cfl's 2 large tubs a big air pump and general hydro 3 part nutrients I am going to exhast out to the roof sewer stack. What I woul like to know is what else will I need, how many plants can I grow in each tub ( the tubs are aprox. 12 wide x 16 long x 16 deep and can I use rain water for my mix. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I do have a kush mother waiting to be cut for clones and a friend of mine has a diesel that has been budding for 3 weeks that I am going to take off his hands, can I put that plant back into veg to use for cuttings.

Thanks

Welcome brother!! Like the others have said there is a wealth of info here and a bunch of friendly folks to help. I use sterlilte totes from walmart and they are 10 gallon. I have grown 4 female plants in one tub. They were pretty crowded and I would say 3 females max from now on. You can obtain the airstones from walmart or a local pet store. I reccomend the 4" round bubble disks that can be found at Petsmart. They put out alot more bubbles than the 12" long stones. A nice PH and PPM/EC meter is a must, check ebay.
Depending on your setup you might not even need to exhaust out, just a oscillating fan might do. Those bulbs don't get very hot at all. I hope all goes well for you and please feel free to ask any questions you might run into.

Thanks guys, and or girls. Will be going shopping tommorow to pick up some small items to see if I can get the setup ready.

Back
Top Bottom