Bad Seeds?

spysmasherr

Just started some seeds for this years outdoor grow. Four different seeds. One set of seeds is about 2 years old and hasn't cracked at all. Been soaking in water for about 4 days .Nada. All other seeds are fine. Anything tips to help them crack maybe? If not I have some other seeds I can use instead. But This was a Vaniila Kush seed ( my last 2) that I wanted sooo bad.
Thanks

spy

Try scruffing it with sandpaper, has worked for me

Also try placing the wet paper towels, with seed in it of course, lol, in a Ziploc bag and on a heating pad on low, or on yer cable box. Heat helps it germ

Yeah. Heard of that ...scuff and heat...Worth a shot since I found out the place I got the seeds from doesn't ship to the states anymore.
Thanks bud

spysmasherr

I scratched some White Widow regular seeds with a nail that didn't pop. Same effect as sandpaper. They hadn't cracked for over a week, scratched them, then a few days later they were growing. Also there should be some nutrient type stuff you could use for seeds/seedlings. And there's also Hydrogen Peroxide 3% you could try (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but you might wanna check with some others on how to use that stuff (dilute it first!).

Back
Top Bottom