Barney's Farm L*D

KiwiKing

I recently put a few seeds in the soak. Within 24 hours all had cracked except Barney's Farm L*D. It has been about 28 hours now and still no signs of cracking. Does anyone have any experience with this strand? How long does it typically take to crack? What about other Farm seeds...this is my first one from them and its making me a little anxious. Any info will be much appreciated.

:thanks:

I cracked *** with no problem. I soaked seeds for 24 hours and then moved to a wet/damp paper towel on a dish until they sprouted. Seeds can take anywhere from 36-48 hours or more. I then move my sprouts to rockwool cubes that are cut in half. What I do is a little more advanced. Some soak seeds and then move to dirt, rockwool, or peat pellets to avoid messing with a seedling sprout.

So if you soaked the seeds pull them out and do something with them. If they are still soaking they are starting to drown at this point. I have read of some soaking for 36 hours or so but usually it is around 18-24 hours.

I just checked again. Still no signs of cracking. I threw another L*D in the water so I will go ahead and pull the original out and pot it. Thanks for the info...will let you know how it turns out.

This is the first time I have grown in about 3 years. I always had trouble using the paper towel method...most of my seeds always seemed to mold over...but this is also the first time I have used seeds I purchased and not bagseed.

If you have some bag seed (free), practice with them before you go through all the good ones. You don't have to plant them but get the hang of starting seeds again.

The thing to look for when the seeds are soaking is that they sink to the bottom. That is an indication that the seed has taken on water and that will activate the chemicals stored in the seed "saying hey wake up, spring is here". Seed that float tend to be bad but not always, so keep an eye on these or toss in good dirt see what happens. Just keep everything clean and that should keep the mold away. Clean containers to soak seeds, new fresh dirt and so on.
Good luck, have some patients, and relax and some seeds should be sprouting. I know what it's like getting seeds to pop, kinda like a kid in a candy store and things just can't happen fast enough. I'll be checking in to see when you have sprouts, should be a day or two.

Thanks for the info. The L*D that didn't crack and I potted was still floating. The others I potted last night had all sunken and were cracked -- these weren't L*D. The new L*D I put to soak looks better than the other, alot healthier looking. I don't have any bagseed or I would practice on them. Maybe I'll try to find some...

:thanks:

I haven't flowered any yet. It is about 1-2 months old and being trained for a momma. I am excited to flower it out when I can. Should be in 1-2 months.

Good to hear you got some seeds cracked. Nice observation about the health of the new L.S.D seed. Should be no problems.

The other L*D I put to soak was cracked within 36 hours. I potted it this morning and put it with the rest of them. Also a Milky Way has sprouted, stop by my grow and check things out.

Back
Top Bottom