Bad transplant signs, light, and chicken poo...can you guess I'm a first timer

Ollie

I started my first grow about a month ago with some bagseeds. After germination there were about 30 seedlings, which I grew in some rather cheap soil in old milk cartons. I live out in the sticks so I let them grow outside. About as week ago I transplanted 3/5 of them into some miracle grow and what was left of the aforementioned cheap soil. The ones inside are now being lit by a 100w CFL. All the plants appear to be healthy, but like I said this is my first grow so I don't know any signs of a bad transplant. Anyway, the ones that are inside, although seemingly healthy, are not growing anywhere near the rate of the ones left outside. I'm not sure if this is because of a possible bad transplant, lack of light, poor soil, or some other variable.
I'm hoping to transplant the ones that were left outside sometime very soon, I'll actually be going into town later to buy some more soil and another light or two, so any reccomendaitons would be helpful.
Also I read that using chicken manure is very beneficial for the plants, I've got a few chickens here at my house, and well quite a bit of their shit. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to simply scoop it up and it to the soil or if their is a special process it needs to go through.
Any help that anyone could offer would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

The more time, $ & effort you put into growing, the more pot will reward you.

Use poor soil, inadequate light and starve them then don't expect decent results.

Chicken shit tea is an excellent nutrient but it takes 2 weeks to prepare and by that time it will be almost too late (veg season is over next month) so buy some aleady prepared at a nursery and follow directions.

Use quality potting soil.

You need more light at a rate of 6,000 lumens per sq/ft (lumen output is printed on the light).

As soon as they're transplanted add a bit of horticultural vitamin B-1 (NOT the kind for people), or a few drops of Superthrive or Thrivealive to the water.

For the indoor plants use 2 or 3 gal. containers, outdoors dig a hole 2' x 2' and fill with quality potting soil.

Back
Top Bottom