Bagseed + stored in freezer = viable?

some will,
germination rate will probably be real low.

yeah, that's kind of what i figured. let's assume a seed DID sprout though. would that plant be stunted in any way? or if it sprouts, is it safe to assume that everything's copasetic from that point on?

the seeds i'm going to have immediate access to have been stored in a freezer. some for god knows how long.

is that ok? are they still gonna be viable?

It really depends on how dry they were when frozen. Very dry seeds will see very high germination rates as there will be little cell damage from frozen water crystals. Fresh seeds (not dried completely) might not germinate at all.

Your mileage will vary of course.

Cheers,

Gene

It really depends on how dry they were when frozen. Very dry seeds will see very high germination rates as there will be little cell damage from frozen water crystals. Fresh seeds (not dried completely) might not germinate at all.

Your mileage will vary of course.

Cheers,

Gene

they were probably pretty freakin dry. this is tx dirt weed grown in mexico and probably several months old by the time it gets in my hands ;) 40 bucks an ounce ftw!!!

jiz

I have to disagree that they are a danger. We have very good seed stocks now, and they get better every month. Even if an auto strain were to get loose in the wild, it would be overwhelmed by other dominant plants. The argument of genetic variation or lack thereof could be made for any strain.

hey guys. back from a long hiatus!

tried the bagseed and got some good results. from what i've read in these forums, i was able to pick several good seeds from a bag and about half of them germinated. they sprouted pretty damn quick, but i didnt have any sort of proper lighting setup so they didnt get very far beyond that.

ill have all that sorted out pretty quick though.

thanks!

jiz

Back
Top Bottom