Seeds won't sink

Eugene1

Hello, I am starting my first indoor grow and have read that when you first soak your seed, it should sink. I should tell you that both my Sweet Tooth and Aphgan Kush was bought 6 months ago from Original sensible seeds.
Are they still viable? I poke them under every now and then but they pop up to the surface. I was wondering how long should I give them before I send for newer seeds. I am eager to get going and would be grateful for any info.

They don't always sink whenever you put them in water. Leave them in water 24 hours, then put it in moist paper towel in a ziploc bag, and put somewhere dark and warm. Should crack and start showing taproot within 24 to 48 hours of that. Be patient, give them time.

my best luck has been with not soaking. in a wet, folded paper towl, like three layes each side, in between two saucers. over a heat mat. but not on top directly. i use the box the heat mat came in. heat mat. towel. box. then, either my root riots in water for clones, or the two plates with the seeds. had four out of four pop, and they had been in a baggie, in my top drawer, for like somewhere 6-8 years. last to pop were three purple bud from white label. they look so dank. i had to buy some. all three are now in cups, and 3 inches tall.

Back
Top Bottom