Ballast wiring to 2 wire mogul socket help

Acrite3404

basically i have a 400w ballast and i am trying to connect it to a 2 wire mogul socket and the ballast has 3 if anyone can help thanks...wanna do this today...here are pics of the ballast...
WP_000024-1.jpg

WP_0000242.jpg
WP_000027.jpg

Thats because the ground gets connected to a ground on the reflector atleast the reflector I bought that's how its wired... Thats why theres only 2 wires coming from the socket....

There are a couple of posts here that cover magnetic ballast wiring. I rebuilt mine, so I know it's a little confusing. OK, kinda a lot confusing.

Ditto what the OP sed re. grounding. It's important.

Also... these magnetic HPS ballasts have at least one super great "feature"- you can use a Philips Retro 400W CMH bulb.

Bitchin'.

209 Cali C.G and anyone else working with electricity,

Always, always, always use and connect the ground wire to a grounded source. It's not an issue of the device working properly, it's an issue of safety.

If you don't connect the ground wire and the equipment malfunctions, instead of the current going safely to ground, it will pass to you and shock you. A step better is to use GFCI (ground fault circuit interuption) protection, which stops the flow of electricity quicker if it senses ground.

Remember, we are working around water, so do not cut corners on electrical protection and safety. You want to live to smoke another day.

209 Cali C.G and anyone else working with electricity,

Always, always, always use and connect the ground wire to a grounded source. It's not an issue of the device working properly, it's an issue of safety.

If you don't connect the ground wire and the equipment malfunctions, instead of the current going safely to ground, it will pass to you and shock you. A step better is to use GFCI (ground fault circuit interuption) protection, which stops the flow of electricity quicker if it senses ground.

Remember, we are working around water, so do not cut corners on electrical protection and safety. You want to live to smoke another day.
thanks, but my ballast is grounded, but light is not.Ill fix it when it's down later in the grow. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom