Barren Auto No Trichomes

Tulsatimes

420 Member
Grew a White Widow for 91 days, 85 under 260 watts LED....NOT ONE TRICHOME!!!! Put it outside, trics appeared overnight. Some are now Amber...but VERY FEW...
Last WW I grew was a Photo and at harvest looked like it had been dipped in powdered sugar soo many trics !!

ANYONE. ??
WHY NO TRICS ?

Screenshot_20220629-192501_Photos.jpg

70°F seems too cool, to me. Even wild ruderalis, that northerly bastard stepchild of the cannabis family, tends to experience warmer Summer (albeit, a somewhat short one).

260 watts across how large an area?

Is your LED lacking in UV?

Developing (visible) trichomes after being moved outside - that infers that the plant was, at that point, receiving something that it hadn't been, prior to the move... More light, one assumes, with some degree of UV content. Possibly reasonably warm temperature.

On the other hand, perhaps the plant would have ultimately ended up in roughly the same state, had you left it in your indoor garden space.

On the gripping hand, maybe you've simply been unlucky, and another seed of the same strain would have given you a different result. If a plant carries the pair of non-dominant chromosomes that cause it to flower regardless of the light schedule, it should be possible for it to also end up without the ones that cause a relatively high amount of cannabinoids to be produced. There is some degree of chance involved in growing a single cannabis plant, in regards to what phenotype you'll get (et cetera). Unless you choose to grow clones, of course - in which case, the odds are very high that they will have exactly the same characteristics as the plant they were cut from, and pretty high that they'll express in the same way, as well.

When choosing to grow an autoflowering strain instead of a photoperiodic one, you do not have the option of growing clones from a particular mother plant that has the qualities you most favor. However, you do get the benefit of being able to use a less capable light source, and also to be able to flower in a space that (for whatever reason) you choose to not make light-tight. As for the "sometimes, one gets a plant that is not all that one hoped for," I suppose the answer is to grow multiple plants at the same time; if you grow ten, one dud is not nearly as troublesome as it is when you only grow two.

Back
Top Bottom