Why won't this finish? 14 weeks of flower

Studge

420 Member
Heavyweight seeds dream machine under "600" watts of led, 14 weeks since 12/12, 11 weeks since first flower, 1 week into flush,

I'm now thinking she might need to go longer. Am I right in thinking some of the trichomes look amber but most of the pistils still look white and she hasn't really swelled, quite airy.

20171004_233716-0.jpg

The pistils on that flower does not look ready for harvest.
It's difficult to evaluate trichomes in photos. It's impossible without magnification.
Do you have a loupe or can you get in really close with a macro lens under bright light? That's the way to tell.
I'd say she has a few weeks yet.
BTW, Canada Guy has a plant that's well over 100 days from the start of flower that's only just now about ready. It takes as long as it takes.

Imo pistils on some strains stay white. You should go off trichomes. And the airy buds can be due to poor light spectrum or the wrong humidity or temps etc. A few factors. Could even be the strain. I'm not saying your is one of them. Just a general statement bro. Send a pic of plant and whole bud. Let's see what they look like. And like scientific said macro shots of trichmomes

> Imo pistils on some strains stay white.
I had read that before but have never seen it so forgot. Good point.

> And the airy buds can be due to poor light spectrum or the wrong humidity or temps etc. A few factors. Could even be the strain.
I think just lack of enough light too, I think. Quality buds require lots of light.

> Imo pistils on some strains stay white.
I had read that before but have never seen it so forgot. Good point.

> And the airy buds can be due to poor light spectrum or the wrong humidity or temps etc. A few factors. Could even be the strain.
I think just lack of enough light too, I think. Quality buds require lots of light.
Yeah. A lot of factors can cause airy bud. Not enough light is def one of those factors. And yeah pistils can be white, brown, purple etc. Depends on strain. You get some amazing colours nowadays.

That's true. Some plants mature very quickly, especially with plenty of light. I grew plants which had like 20% amber trichs, but pistils were still mostly white. After chopping, drying and curing they were perfectly potent, no reason to run them any longer. However it's very strain-dependent, so I advise getting a small sample before chopping. Ideally it'd be one of popcorn buds just below the main cola. You dry it for few days in an open carton box and smoke it. If it gets you high like you wish, you harvest. If it doesn't, you wait longer :thumb:

Hard to say from that photo i think. How developed are the buds? Fluffy popcorn or dense and fat?

Back
Top Bottom