420 Magazine Background

Best curing techniques

Going through my first cure with good results so far, have buds jarred up in amber mason jars with 62% RH packs. I open the jars twice a day in a humidity controlled room also set to 62% RH for 30 min (total 1 hour a day).

Would anyone suggest lowering the time or frequency as the weeks progress?

George Mc

I only do it the way you're doing it for 2 weeks. And then I'll burp the jars maybe once a week for another few weeks and then once a month. I don't know if this is the exact right way but I'm happy with my finished product

George Mc

Great...did you notice an increase in potency the longer it cured, I have read only the taste and smell improves however I find the potency getting better as well.
I'm unable to tell the difference. That has more to do with me than with the curing

Hdinkleman

Great...did you notice an increase in potency the longer it cured, I have read only the taste and smell improves however I find the potency getting better as well.
i noticed alot of trichs turn amber after a while in a jar. harvested at maybe 10% amber and now all my buds look like 50/50, gives them a beautiful golden hue.

i noticed alot of trichs turn amber after a while in a jar. harvested at maybe 10% amber and now all my buds look like 50/50, gives them a beautiful golden hue.
I noticed the same thing, and was not exactly surprised by it either...the buds are still developing through the curing process. I waited till all my trichomes at the minimum were cloudy white and the majority of hairs were orange...now all the short and curly's are orange.

Top Bottom