Best forum on the web for info

snowbound

Just joined today. Been a lurker for quite a few weeks now. I used to grow outdoors and indoors (soil) a few years back but it has been many years since I did that. With the new laws in Canada I now have not a full hydro setup going.

Been a learning experience for sure. I have a 6.5 x6.5 x6.5' grow tent. I am currently running a 1000W HPS and a 1000W MH in the room. I have four 5 gallon buckets going using the drip system.

Getting a handle on it slowly but I of course have questions for some of the experienced hydro growers here. I dam near killed them all in the first week of going under the big lights . I struggled to control ph and that of course is a recipe for disaster. Slowly got it under control some what.

I have 3 white widow and one BC Big Bud growing. They are about 24 days into veg. Another couple days and I will need to flip the cycle.

Attachments

• 20181229_190601.jpg
    20181229_190601.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 59
Brother, your set-up looks legit. I have two hydro in bubbleponics, but it's still so early I can't even give advice because mine are looking like crap(they are picking up the last few days after I changed nute concentrates). It's also my first hydro and mine are clones who had no other soil home to go to, lol...so I put them into the setup I made for bubbleponics, cause I was curious.

24 days into veg and you're gonna flip? Are you running out of room? If you have the room, I'd leave those plants in Veg for another 30 days at least. They look great, but if they are photo, give them some time to grow out some. Just my thoughts.

Happy New year :)

-Sub

One other thing, have you read about LST(low stress training)? Your yield would be so much bigger in that set-up...at this point of your grow we'd be talking super-cropping. Training is the key. You could quadruple your harvest easily. Going to look up some links and post again in a few.

Hope its Kosher to link off site, I've never really done it before. 420 forums are my go to, but GWE has some very nice step by step tutorials I utilize when I have questions. LST training on GWE tutorials and their Super-cropping techniques. You're passed the LST in my opinion, but you could maximize your yield at this point with some super-cropping.

Sorry 420 peeps, I had these bookmarked. Please don't ban me lol... just trying to help. On these forums, Search for tutorials by Pennywise. He has mucho valuable info.

Happy New Year!

Two biggest plants are about 15" tall. I figure they will double height from there when they stretch, if not a little more. I thought it best to err on the side of caution for my first time at hydro. I don't want them up into the lights.

I did Fim the plants. The white widows seem to have really responded well to it. I have started to lose some of the bigger fan leaves now to get more light on all the secondary stems.

At the rate they are growing there is no way i could possibly go much longer I think in veg.

@snowbound Is there any way for you to raise the lights or lower the plants? In my opinion you have so much more to grow.

I flipped my two early because I was out of room....in retrospect... I could have made a new area for them in less than a day and gone another 30 days in Veg.

Also, how long ago was your FIM? Just curious as plants usually take a little longer to recover from it..

I still have another 2.5 to 3 feet to raise lights up. If they stretch like I think they will I don't have much time. They are growing fast.
You're doing something right, they look great. Have you defoliated at all? You look pretty thick at the bottom. You might benefit from some bottom defoliation and some super-cropping. It will give you more stretch time to get that table top for flowering. If you have 3 feet more room, you have some space as you said they are at 15" now. Expect anywhere from 30-40ish inches at harvest. You should have plenty of room to give them another 4-5 inches. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't worry about the little growth yet. I'd worry about your shade leaves. Get the big bottom fan leaves that are depriving lower growth of light. I always put my hand under the capony and wherever I see a shadow I make it go away. That being said, I also LST and train a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom