Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why

Re: Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why...

It Has been said that Organic nutes are not the best choice in your Bubble set-ups. Any Truth to that? Gunking Issues in Reservoir? Thanks. ;)

The only problem I've seen is the nasty color of your roots with organics. And I've read where you can't use h202 , cause it doesn't do well with organics..

Thanks ol hippy, You said you use Botanicare that is organic right? Is H2o2 only used to prevent slime. Right?

For a new grower organics would be tough as it's more of a symbiotic system that requires more knowledge of plant physiology and proper water like RO to start. Just my opinion. H2O2 would kill the beneficial stuff in an organic.

MC I've been using Botanicare for a few months now haven't had many problems except for my own screw ups. My water here is pretty hard 550 out of the tap , I just ph it to around 6 and I've had no problems . I did just mess things up a bit by trying to add some grow nutes to my bloom nutes, didn't work out to good as my bloom nutes already had a bit of nitrogen in it and ended up being deficient in potasium !! I think I got it back under control.. :loopy:

I use an mic grow bloom with a good air stone or even two you can almost watch them grow as far as price i allways say you get what you pay for also at first i played with ph then one day i ran out and used it with out ph ajustments well i was greated the next day by my girls raising there arm up high i never ajusted again ph of my tap water is allways 7

:bongrip: :bongrip:

Discount AN - Your #1 source for Advanced Nutrients

my shoping hole

It ain't what you know at the moment, It's what you can find out before it's too late when you're a grower. I screw up and have to fix something every grow. You'd think I'd learn but apparently not. Part of my problem is that I'm confident I can fix anything that goes wrong which gets me into experimental mode a bit too quick. LOL!

I used the SH nutes for vegging and am very impressed with the results! However after doing some research I felt their bloom nutes were lacking, anyone want mine that I got with the kit.

I went with Advanced for the bloom, Sensi A & B. I also bought the Big Bud. I used parts A&B for the first week, then added the Big Bud, almost immediately lower fan leaves began yellowing.

In my research I've learned that too much K can actually block the availability of N to your plant. And N being highly mobile in the plant, when there is a deficiency the plant will move it from old growth to the new growth, therefore the yellow low fans leaves.

So I dropped the Big Bud entirely and the low leaves greened back up and we've been going along happily ever since. But I am looking for a sugar additive for the rest of my grow, 5 weeks.

I have used AN 2 part for a few grows. I am happy with it. Very easy, stable, and not much more expensive if bought at the right place. There is a place in town that has amazing prices on the stuff near a ballpark.

I have a good deal of AN nutes and there are some that are worth it and others that I won't get again. I use 2 part grow and bloom, bud blood, big bud, carbo load powder, bud candy is really nice (cut out carbo when I use), and then I finish out the last week or so with bud factor X. It took no time at all to dial in the stuff I use. There has been many weeks where I just use the 2 part and nothing else. I have my target ppm's that I shoot for but most of the time I am way under the called for AN doses, so my nutes last longer, and I am getting better crystal production, flavor, and smell on a grape ape that a few of the locals are growing. It's kinda hard to tell about the yield because there are so many variants between our gardens. I am running smaller wattages so I can't even come close to the yield but quality, I'd put my grape ape up against any other grape ape for smell, flavor, and crystals.

So I am satisfied with AN esp the 2 part. Mix two things and be done. The additives are a personal choice although I would recommend bud candy or sweet to add to the flavors. Plants like sugar. This is my lazy mix, plant food and plant dessert!

Hey, has anyone heard of flushing your plants in mid bloom? My neighbor was at the hydro shop the other day and they were telling him to use this particular flushing fluid to clean out the salt build up in the middle of the plant.

Any one heard of such a thing?

Sounds odd & kinda scary to me. Clearex will clean out the salt build up very nicely.

Maybe he was talking about FloraKlean. I use that about 2 hours before every res change and the purpose is general clean-up and removal of salt build-ups. After I put in the Floraklean I let it work for an hour or so and then get a couple of pong cups full and rinse the netpot from above.

Hey, has anyone heard of flushing your plants in mid bloom? My neighbor was at the hydro shop the other day and they were telling him to use this particular flushing fluid to clean out the salt build up in the middle of the plant.

Any one heard of such a thing?

All of the nute brands sell a "flush" mix. I haven't used them, just don't believe in paying for water. I am sure they work but I just use water to flush out. Use 3-5 times the pot volume to flush. Not sure why you need to flush in mid bloom. Maybe the hydro dude was thinking it was for the end of bloom.

I would not use a flushing fluid in mid bloom. Use it the last few days before the plant gets cut. If anything flush the plant with normal watering water that is nute free.

Sounds odd & kinda scary to me. Clearex will clean out the salt build up very nicely.

Maybe he was talking about FloraKlean. I use that about 2 hours before every res change and the purpose is general clean-up and removal of salt build-ups. After I put in the Floraklean I let it work for an hour or so and then get a couple of pong cups full and rinse the netpot from above.

All of the nute brands sell a "flush" mix. I haven't used them, just don't believe in paying for water. I am sure they work but I just use water to flush out. Use 3-5 times the pot volume to flush. Not sure why you need to flush in mid bloom. Maybe the hydro dude was thinking it was for the end of bloom.

I would not use a flushing fluid in mid bloom. Use it the last few days before the plant gets cut. If anything flush the plant with normal watering water that is nute free.

Interesting. MC, every res change? Sounds like it kind of loosens up whatever salts are building up.

Interesting. MC, every res change? Sounds like it kind of loosens up whatever salts are building up.

Most of the fertilizers in the plant are in the form of salts... so you don't really want to remove them until final harvest flush. I think ebb&flow systems are more prone to salt buildup on the medium, which could burn the roots, thus the clearex flush. Since Deep Water Culture is primarily DWC, you pretty much wash out the evaporated salts with a good cleaning of the tub... which you should do at every tank change anyway.

Most of the fertilizers in the plant are in the form of salts... so you don't really want to remove them until final harvest flush. I think ebb&flow systems are more prone to salt buildup on the medium, which could burn the roots, thus the clearex flush. Since Deep Water Culture is primarily DWC, you pretty much wash out the evaporated salts with a good cleaning of the tub... which you should do at every tank change anyway.

Thanks obx, food for thought.

And cleaning my tub with every res change, would I simply pour a gallon or two of fresh water through the system before adding nutes?

Back
Top Bottom