Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why

Yeah, i start with 4 gallons in a 5g bucket. Im going to drop it to 3.5g next fill and see what difference, if any, a bigger air gap makes. My roots usually look like spaghetti and i want to see if i can get more of those fishbone types.
Thanks for the input, bro.

Yeah, i start with 4 gallons in a 5g bucket. Im going to drop it to 3.5g next fill and see what difference, if any, a bigger air gap makes. My roots usually look like spaghetti and i want to see if i can get more of those fishbone types.

Check out these roots thanks to grate white bacteria I really love that stuff
420-magazine-mobile356476977.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1108341621.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Look like some happy roots , love the thick section / tap root , its not going to break off by accident !

Water levels

I have the buckets set at 3.5 in. below the rim

It is reassuring to read others using 3 inches as low as 2.5 inches. Was thinking might be pushing the luck with 3.5

far out

Thought I replied to this already, but I reckon not. :) I did the 3.5 gallon trick for a while. I found out that in bloom it just wasn't worth it. I had to be on top of them everyday. *Very* easy to run them nearly dry. Also if you are checking pH it will be harder to keep in check with the lesser volume.

Look like some happy roots , love the thick section / tap root , its not going to break off by accident !

Water levels

I have the buckets set at 3.5 in. below the rim

It is reassuring to read others using 3 inches as low as 2.5 inches. Was thinking might be pushing the luck with 3.5

far out

I really hope that tap root doesn't brake off never thought of that but there is a even bigger one sticking out the bottom in that big mass I fill my bucket to 3 gallons and always have but I have bad ass air pumps and stones it would make almost a mist all the way to the top and the hydrotun wicks it to the plant and the moisture is low towards the top kept it from rotting I think

I just dropped the nutrient level 1/2 in. to 4 inches to play it safe

I noticed the RR'er had sunken about 1/2 in. or more and the tops of them were a little too wet for my liking / peace of mind.

I watered the baskets down the day before but expected them to of be semi dry there was a fan on them , the Hydraton may of been keeping them wet.

Who knows

Its not worth the risk for an 1/2 in. depth and its better to be safe then sorry.

Root Rot is cruel and unforgiving perhaps the worse of the worse

I am being extra cautious that sheet scares me

Check out these roots thanks to grate white bacteria I really love that stuff
420-magazine-mobile356476977.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1108341621.jpg

Those are nice bro! Heres a favorite pic of mine from this past auto grow.
420-magazine-mobile1474461271.jpg

It was a decent rootball for a plant that was seed to harvest in about 65ish days.
420-magazine-mobile1493289961.jpg

Running Advanced Nutrients M-G-B at 50% strength through all of veg. and just flipped to 12/12 on Jan. 20th! I do complete res changes every 1-2 weeks but never over 2 weeks and it is going great!

root26.jpg

Re: Best nutes for Deep Water Culture and why...

I use an mic grow bloom with a good air stone or even two you can almost watch them grow as far as price i allways say you get what you pay for also at first i played with ph then one day i ran out and used it with out ph ajustments well i was greated the next day by my girls raising there arm up high i never ajusted again ph of my tap water is allways 7

:bongrip: :bongrip:

Discount AN - Your #1 source for Advanced Nutrients

my shoping hole
What brand do you use? Cheers

Back
Top Bottom