Best spectrum from LED

GEDC3934.JPG
GEDC3073.JPG

I was Test Grower for Osrams ZelionHL Fixtures. IP65 and most efficient mono based. 2x3 is 125 watts from wall and 2 x 2 is 88watts
Osram uses there best 451 Blues/660Reds OSLON SSL80s
IMG_072129.JPG

Sorry bout the sideways Honey Bananas
I have both grows full documented just shoot me text if ya want info

For growing autoflower using cfl and led using.
What is the best wavelength for LEDs?

Sent from my iPhone using 420
If your talking Flower only then CXB3590 3000K or Vero29 3000K- HPS Replacement
If your talking Full Cycle Seed thru Flower then I would rec CXB3590 4000K or Vero29 4000K- HPS/MH Replacement
If your talking Vegetation only then CXB3590 5000K or Vero29 5000K-MH Replacement
Best all round IMO 4000K High Reds/High Blues

Talking about best spectrum will vary depending on experience and the usage of the many different fixtures available.

Timber & 420... Where is the data associated with Timber grow lights? The associated Timber storefront is almost devoid of data. If Timber is truly partnered with 420, I expect objective information about real-world performance. Less propaganda and more data please.

Timber & 420... Where is the data associated with Timber grow lights? The associated Timber storefront is almost devoid of data. If Timber is truly partnered with 420, I expect objective information about real-world performance. Less propaganda and more data please.

Wow SF very good point. There are so many LED sponsors on here !!! like mars and dorm grow, twilight, advanced.

It's my first day here....Are data sheets collected somewhere (like on another site) from all or any of the led sponsors?

Wow SF very good point. There are so many LED sponsors on here !!! like mars and dorm grow, twilight, advanced.

It's my first day here....Are data sheets collected somewhere (like on another site) from all or any of the led sponsors?

I don't know if 420 collects data sheets, but I doubt it. Still, if 420 is partnered with a grow light producer, I expect more information. A user should not have to search the interwebs for info on a light. The grow light seller should have the confidence and integrity to post their data. :)

I don't know if 420 collects data sheets, but I doubt it. Still, if 420 is partnered with a grow light producer, I expect more information. A user should not have to search the interwebs for info on a light. The grow light seller should have the confidence and integrity to post their data. :)
This is current flower run with HSO Blue Dreams using Vero240/CXB200 over 10sqft. Last run with CXB200 is in Grow journal signature.
Each Timber replaces 400watt HPS flower and 600watt MH veg
Specs are available at DLP Lamp Source - DLP Lamps, Projector Lamps, Specialty Lighting
If ya have any specific questions just let me know. Timber is transparent and to my knowledge the only LED company that show the build makeup with Exterior/Interior Photo. Its all in my Journal and Timber Grow Lights Demo and Support thread

IMG_203520.JPG

IMG_218919.JPG

IMG_261214.JPG

IMG_274812.JPG

IMG_29508.JPG

Day 40 Flower 30days to go

JimmyIndy...

Grats on the grow, however:

I or anyone should be able to visit the associated online storefront to peruse performance data. Timber performance data literally does not exist. This is strange, because grow light performance rationalized by objective PAR analyses is critically important in the world of Horticulture. Moreover, such measurements are EASILY and QUICKLY obtained: PPFD on center at various heights; volumetric PPFD at various heights; and independent (independent of Cree data sheets) spectral analysis.

Hi SuperFunker,

Thanks for the feedback - it is much appreciated. Timber is a new product line, and we are still producing the publishable PAR footprints over the recommended coverage area as well as centerpoint data at 18-24" operating heights. I anticipate having these available shortly and will post them on our sponsored thread once they are properly vetted. SPD/spectral analysis data will be available in the future as these require the testing of a integrated sphere/spectroradiometer by a certified testing facility.

I do apologize for the scarcity of data currently available on our website regarding Timber specifications. We are working to change that - in the interim, we will make information available to the forum via our sponsored thread. Also, I invite the community to reach out to me via PM or by email at dan@dlplampsource.com with any questions or feedback. Additionally, JimmyIndy and other members have had experience using our units and can answer questions related to cannabis specific growing matters.

Timber Grow Lights is a new product line and a new corporate sponsor of 420Magazine and we are looking forward to partnering with the community and working in a cohesive and honest manner. All feedback is greatly appreciated - you won't find any product shills here, and we conduct ourselves professionally. These are hand built units using top of the line components and we do not cut corners. All units are made to order and we enjoy working with our customers to ensure they get the correct fixture for their intended growing set-up.

Thanks again for the awesome feedback and keep it coming.

Best Regards,
Dan

Hi,

I do my light systems myself (I have some post on this forum where i explain them)

After several growings, I saw that 450 nm an 660 nm works very well and the plant don't seem to need anything else. Except some 730nm Ir during flowering.

After severals google-ing on the growing led spectrum I find this page, which help me on this theory:

LED technology serves rapidly growing horticultural lighting market

And beleve me if You use only 450nm,660nm and 730nm to grow Marijuana IT WORKS!

And you dont need a lot of power, I do flowering with only 16W/plant!

I remove all the others wawelenght in my grow lightnings.

And now to add an another color in my lights, I must have a prove that it is useful for my plant.

I use a minimum of 50% of the power in 660nm (and 50% in 450nm) in veg.
An I go up to 75% red 25% blue in flowering.

Beginners, first lamp buyer, we don't need anymore...

Hi,

I do my light systems myself (I have some post on this forum where i explain them)

After several growings, I saw that 450 nm an 660 nm works very well and the plant don't seem to need anything else. Except some 730nm Ir during flowering.

After severals google-ing on the growing led spectrum I find this page, which help me on this theory:

LED technology serves rapidly growing horticultural lighting market

And beleve me if You use only 450nm,660nm and 730nm to grow Marijuana IT WORKS!

And you dont need a lot of power, I do flowering with only 16W/plant!

I remove all the others wawelenght in my grow lightnings.

And now to add an another color in my lights, I must have a prove that it is useful for my plant.

I use a minimum of 50% of the power in 660nm (and 50% in 450nm) in veg.
An I go up to 75% red 25% blue in flowering.

Beginners, first lamp buyer, we don't need anymore...

you might read through some solid build threads about LED efficiency. While some mono diodes do grow MJ the most efficient and highest producing LED lights are almost exclusively cobs. MJ grows better with more than the few bands you suggest. You didn't describe what "it works" means to you. Most cob growers using latest tech gear get 1gpw easily. Top growers are achieving 2+gpw harvests Also the peaks you describe have been discredited and replaced with the McCree curve.

I looked at the pic links you posted but i see cheap, inefficient Chinese mass produced junk. You say 16w of power but those lights shown in the pic you linked to are likely about 20% efficient so 16w is actually less that 4PAR watt.

Let's see the light you built.

the topic of horticultural lighting is super complex. I think the basic premise is that light engines which deliver the most photons with the most efficiency within the PAR range are the most desirable. The sun delivers a far different spectrum than blurple light. Also the diodes, in most cases are pitifully inefficient. Growers using top bin cxb at low amperage are getting efficiencies above 60 %. Latest tech, broad spectrum white light is unbeatable in small scale ops.

Your plants look very nice. Do you use the 730nm for sleepy time?

Here's Sugar Punch 5 weeks 11/13. She is growing under cxb3590 cd bin 3500k. I built this lamp and I'm still dialing it in.

2-1_sugar_punch.jpg

I will publish some pictures when they will be at maturity.

I put on the Ir 15mn before sunrise (the other lamps)
I put off 15mn after sunrise.

I do the same thing at sunset.

During the day (light on), after 3 hours of light, every hours, I put on the ir for 15mn.

In the future, I plan to cut the red (and let the blue on) when I turn on the Ir.
But I have to do some wiring for this.

Ive read about the effectiveness of using far red to hasten the light out reaction and shorten lights-out time. Considering adding a few 730 stars to my bar. It seems only 1w per sq ft is needed.

Ive read about the effectiveness of using far red to hasten the light out reaction and shorten lights-out time. Considering adding a few 730 stars to my bar. It seems only 1w per sq ft is needed.

To add to your earlier response to Led Shaper: The PAR spectrum is much more complicated than the 3 spectrums that Led Shaper uses. In general, plants can adapt to a range of conditions, but successful adaption does not mean that a plant will realize its full potential. Specific example: There is absolutely no way an anthocyanin strain will fully manifest using ONLY the 3 spectrums that Led Shaper advocates. Led Shaper, love the DIY effort, but keep researching. Knowledge is power. :)

Back
Top Bottom