Best way to drain reservoir using a thirsty mate!

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
thirstymate_001.JPG

This pump will pump the res out faster than anything, the only thing that's slow is the nutes coming from all of the other buckets , but once the solution is in the main res, this pump will make short work of it. It's called the THIRSTY MATE, i got it at the local hydro shop. 30$.

You stick one end in the res, and pump the other end into empty five gal. bucket. EASY SLEAZY!

How does that work, you pull the handle and it sucks up a column of water?
Like a quart or more at a pull?

Looks like it would be faster than hunting up an extension cord and running a hose somewhere...

Thanks! I like to see new gadgets!

- M

Yep it is a bilge pump for a boat , but got it at the hydro shop, and yes a bout a quart a pull works incredible, wouldnt do it any other way, just so handy.

I'd rather flip my switch and watch my electric pump do all the work. I'm lazy like that.

yeah, well I aint lazy at all. i love to work on my room and cant sit for long time, and find ways to tweak it each time. I used to use an electric pump, but, since there is alot of residue and salts in the res, this thing takes it out no problem, besides your electric pump will pump it out too fast, and then your sitting there waiting for the rest of the solution to drain... with this, you can stick it in any bucket as well. And no electricty is used, IMO its faster!

I just used a PVC water valve, some fittings and silicone to install a drainage spout at the bottom of the reservoir, you do need the rex elevated off the ground to get a bucket under it but it works well, may ot be doable if you already got a grow going tho... here's a pic

DWC_bins_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom