Better to be safe than sorry!

Lgormley

My girl is on day 54 of 12/12. im pretty sure i dont have a problem but it doesnt hurt to try and get another opinion or 2. is this just the beginning of cannabalizing or is there an issue to be addressed? this is the only leaf that has this.....

Picture_01293.jpg

I am not sure it is a problem. It looks like one of 3 things. It looks like the beginning of N deficiency which is not a problem in flower. Other things it could be, which will cause me to ask a few questions, is temp/light or nute burn. So here are my questions.

1) What are you using for light?
2) What are the temps at canopy level?
3) Soil or Hydro?
4) What size pot and type of medium?
5) What nutes and feed schedule with dosages?
6) Can you get pictures of the whole plant and of your setup to help us determine what might be the issue?

These questions are very basic and should already be answered when asking for help. We need this information to help us help you. :)

1) I am using %/23watt CFLs
2) Tem at Canopy level is aproximately 70-73 degrees F
3) Soil
4) Pretty sure it is a % gallon pot but not 100% sure
Picture_01484.jpg

5) was feeding it just a generic miracle grow 8-7-6 until last week, i started feeding her just plain PHed water
6) My Setup
Picture_01383.jpg

Pretty sure it is a N deficiency because i started flushing last week, since it is about time to harvest in 1-2 weeks

I believe you are correct by looking at your setup. So there is nothing to worry about. :) Enjoy those buds.

Tactic is on the right path but I am going to add something.. Now just MY OPINION, but that leaf tip maybe from close proximity to CFL, and also are they the only lights youre using? I think they maybe a little inadequate to produce large bud?
And @ day 54, your buds seem like they have some more growing to do, my last was about 62 day flower period, but she was 6'3 and 4.5ft wide. I use CFL s to raise em from seed and then the 400w MH, again, this may be why your buds seem a little smaller.
I cannot tell a N Defic. as your leaves appear nice and dark green still, and unless youve removed them, even the lower fans arent yellowing yet, which is evident as the plant uses N from the lower fan leaves. You can still give N in low dosages as they do still use it a little, but P&K and trace elements are what I use towards the last month or so of flower..
Hope you get a good yield buddy, but dont cut too early as they may go thru a floral bloom and build more size. Also, are you only using say 2500k's CFL's or a combo of say 6500k's and 2500k's?? This would be a good idea IMO to have another spectrum in there with the CFL's.
GODSPEED FOR ALL YOUR WEED!! Smokemup

Yes those are the only lights I'm using. This is my first ever grow so My expectations are very low when it comes to yield. I decided to just do a very simple/cheap setup kinda to get a feel for things (how she grows/possible deficiencies) before I invest in a high tech and expensive setup. I know it sounds weird, but I was kind of hoping to have more issues with this plant just for future reference but I have had really no problems. The only nutrients I gave her was some miracle grow 8-7-6 during veg every watering and every third watering during flower. I really appreciate your input smokemup

No worries mate:)
Cfl's will grow your plant - and I usually see good growth from them in the right set up, some have gotten rather big plants. A simple setup I used was a box type design, made from cheap plywood sections cut to size. Then I bought some L shape mounts to screw to the insides to hold her together. I then cut out a few small breather holes around the base, then in the middle of each panel, a hole saw cut out big enough to fit my light socket. So 4 walls, 4 lights, 1 per wall and up top I had a piece also with a hole cut for the top light,which also had a few small breather holes cut around it. So I had 4 lights surrounding the plant and 1 light uptop. I used Hi-output CFL's.
It was a fairly cheap setup to make I think I did it all for about $70,the light sockets I got from cheap ceramic based lamps which I carefully broke the ceramics and extracted the cord and socket - careful not to damage the cords. The walls had MYlar stuck to each and this grew a few plants for me before I moved onto my 400w MH/HPS setup.
And mate, Dont worry, youll get your share of obstacles while growing:) I went on for years drama free, it was only when I started to over think things and apply other peoples growing methods to mine - Some were relevant but others hindered my progress. So its good to know your set ups limits.. The worst thing is a pest prob, or a major Defic, going on.. Hope you dont have many drama s mate... Take it easy, Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom