Blotchy discoloration

Smokeyjoe

I have noticed a blotchy discoloration in the leaves of a clone I was given recently.
I took a few pics but the quality is so so at best.
I have only fed once with 1/2 strength FF GB.
Here are the pics.
discoloration_003.JPG

discoloration_002.JPG

Even though not the best quality I think you can see what I mean by the blotchy discoloration.
Any ideas ladies and gents?

Is the clone brand new? Is it just starting to root? Is there any new growth that does not have the blotches? Then this may be OK.

If it has an established root system and you are seeing this discoloration then you may be burning with to high a nute concentration or it could be progressed Mag deficiency.

Clone can and usually will discolor and look worse before they get better. especially if the roots dont form right away. It draws from stored nutrients in the leaves to survive and grow roots.

Its hard to tell from the pic what the overall size and density of the clone is but 1/2 strength GB is 15ml per gallon if I remember correctly and that may be high for something on the smaller size. I use 15ml/1TBS per gallon on 4 week old plus plants.

This clone had a well established roots system and is at least 4 weeks old for sure.
Since I have only fed her once in the week I have had her I will assume a heavy feeding schedule at her old home.
I began running straight water through her last night and I will try this for awhile.
One other question, I notice the same plant has an all over "droopy" look after about 16 hours under 18/6, temps at the plant height is 77.5 RH is 30, over water?/under water maybe?
Yes Mcbudz some of the new growth is showing the discoloration as well.
Thanks for the great tips Mcbudz!! You da man!

Droopy could be over or under water. So flush and make sure the the medium dries out before next watering. What kind of medium are you using? Some medium hold too much water and not enough air which will cause your plant to be over watered easily. The root zone needs oxygens as much as it needs water and nutes.

I feel like the 1/2 strength GB may be too strong for the clone. After the flush and dry use GB at 4ml/gal then work up, slowly.. 6 ml- dry -straight water.. -8ml - dry - water - 10ml 12 ml etc

I transplanted said clone into "FF OF" the day after I recieved it so aprox 1 week ago.
Looks to have been rooted in a peat pellet as were my seeds.
I will def give those feeding instructions a try, as I said I went straight water yesterday so I will let dry and mix a new batch of GB at 4ml/gal for next round.
Thanks again McBudz you are very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom