Blue Rust's First Outdoor Grow: Getting The Band Back Together

blue rust

Strains are:
Heavy weights strawberry cake hybrid (genetics chronic x white widow x cheese)

Barney's farm pineapple chunk Indica dominant (genetics cheese/skunk #1)

420 blueberry Indica dominant

420 gold leaf

Canuk cheese auto hybrid (genetics skunk#1/afghani #1)

Soil: coast of maine stonington blend

Containers a mix of 7 gallon smart and air pots

Everything will be going outside at the beginning of June end of May

One of the blues is a reveg and most others are monster clones. The golds are new seeds started sometime in April and the cheese will be started mid May in hopes of an August harvest.

No outdoor pics yet but here's some of what will be going out hopefully.
420-magazine-mobile1281671678.jpg
420-magazine-mobile278331903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2124621017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile997455156.jpg

This blue only had nubs but I didn't have room in the veg tent to keep the cloning machine going for 1 or 2 clones and the new babies.
420-magazine-mobile408162097.jpg

The gold leaf s are pretty happy so far. I've been so pleased with her inside that I have high hopes for them outdoors as well.
420-magazine-mobile1756327958.jpg

After transplant. We'll see what happens. With the exception of one of the strawberry cakes that I plan on using as a mother whoever survives is going outside whether they like it or not.
420-magazine-mobile974953202.jpg

This is the reveg.

Wish all my ladies luck

Nice.

Do you like that Coast of Maine soil? My local store recommended it to me. I got 3 clones in solo's and they are loving it.
I wish I could give an opinion one way or another but haven't started it yet. My nursery recommended it when I went in to get some ffof and happy frog. I've started all mine in left over ffof. It's made for cannabis though and they're not shying away from it unlike fox farms.

420-magazine-mobile1151637907.jpg

Had mixed reviews to the soil placement but I'm not surprised due to the root structure. Currently it's 13 plants I wouldn't be unhappy if it got whittled down to 10. Based on Massachusetts laws I can do a dozen which would leave room for an auto.
That's not saying I wouldn't have another 5 or 6 in the house but out of sight out of mind.

420-magazine-mobile1399160764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile99784090.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1731490302.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685155732.jpg

Blue is deep into her fugly stage, she should be popping normal leaves soon. The clones are coming along nicely a few of them will go into 1 gallons tonight. I'm pretty sure the largest strawberry cake will be kept indoors as a mother. Weather is forecasted to be in the 80's next week so the hardening can begin.

420-magazine-mobile467088950.jpg
420-magazine-mobile391427.jpg
420-magazine-mobile656050899.jpg
420-magazine-mobile544740092.jpg

It's been raining every other day it seems but the girls don't seem to be any worse for the wear. The low temps are definitely stunting growth a bit, however the gl's are really getting a good stretch and have the stalks to support it. They'll go in there forever location this weekend with a cage.
Everyone got a diatamaceos earth foliar spray when they first came outside and a neem treatment a week ago. Seems the rain has washed everything away though and will need to be treated again before too long. It was supposed to be evwry 3 weeks but with this much rain i dont think a little extra neem could hurt.
My biggest worries are the 2 autos getting stunted. I was going to top them but I don't know if thats gonna be the wisest choice now their life span being what it is.
This was long winded but haven't posted on this in awhile.

I take it that the tiny ones? I have small pots to start plants in that have a humidome on them and that humidome cover has a draft like opening for airflow. I am going to use that cover to shield my little autos that will be started outdoors in 16 days just to shield and protect them until they get a bit of size. Your plants are looking awesome, time for LST soon by the looks of things.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom