Boulder Volunteers Find $8,000 Of Pot In Clothing Donation Bin

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Boulder police will probably destroy a two-pound bag of marijuana — worth about $8,000 — that volunteers for a local charity found yesterday tucked in a clothing donation bin outside the Barnes and Noble in the 2900 block of Pearl Street.

Officers were called to the book store about 12:15 p.m. Thursday by the volunteers, who said they were going through the bin and found a large bag of “green leafy substance,” which they thought might be marijuana, Boulder police spokeswoman Sarah Huntley said.

Police confirmed it was marijuana, Huntley said, and the Boulder County Drug Task Force gave it a street value of about $8,000.

Huntley said there was nothing in or on the bag indicating where it came from, so it was logged into the property and evidence room at the police department, where it probably will be destroyed. Task force members will most likely hear from any person who lost the marijuana, if he or she had a legal right to own, Huntley said.

“But two pounds is a lot of marijuana, even for medical marijuana,” she said. “And they would have to be able to prove it's theirs.”

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: coloradodaily.com
Author: Vanessa Miller
Copyright: 2010 coloradodaily.com
Website: Boulder volunteers find $8,000 of pot in clothing donation bin - Colorado Daily

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Eight grand??? Yeah right..lol :roorrip:

The best pot would sell to a dispensary by a farmer for approximately $5000 a pound. Then the dispensary would make a profit of 50%. You can not determine a value of the pot unless it is smoked to determine the quality.

The best pot would sell to a dispensary by a farmer for approximately $5000 a pound. Then the dispensary would make a profit of 50%. You can not determine a value of the pot unless it is smoked to determine the quality.

I doubt that's the case - most times I read dispensaries selling top quality herb from $250-300 for an oz. but your numbers of $5000/lb comes out to $312.50 oz. plus a 50% markup would mean OZ would go for over $468.

I get it on the street for $350 an oz in chicagoland.

I said the BEST pot. I have seen high quality pot priced at $645 to $800 an ounce at a dispensary in West Los Angeles. The price depends on where you shop for your marijuana

Volunteers should have sold the pot and used the coin for their charity.
But I bet some guy is really pissed that his lady threw away the wrong clothes which he meant to be in the laundry. Ya ever hide dope in the dirty clothes?

Back
Top Bottom